What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

This…. MOT worries.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Made an awning skirt out of a spare bit of tarpaulin, some eyelets and some bungee cord.
Length of cord threads through the eyelets at the top like a curtain and attaches round both wheels, pegged at the bottom.
It needs a few tweaks but will do that on the next break away.View attachment 197660
Nice!
I need to make one of these could you show a pic of it not attached?

Nice!
I need to make one of these could you show a pic of it not attached?
Here you go: For me basically 2.2m wide at top, 2.4m wide at bottom (SWB). 0.37m tall (for my van)
Used 12 eyelets equidistant(ish) across top and looped bungee in an out.
There are 5 eyelets at the bottom ( these were already in the tarpaulin I cut down) and I just reused (that’s where the 2.4m comes from - nothing specific)
It fits under the van nicely.
Haven’t tried it out properly yet, so expect i may have to tweak it a bit.64A7C0D3-721D-4A99-BC4A-7E321AA64221.jpeg

Had a mess around with Carista OBD. Now have MPH on digital dash, sweeping dials on ignition, automatic door locks when setting off, beeps when locks, one push wing mirrors fold in, cleared errors and matched new battery details for monitoring.
You turned off beep when locks yet? ;) Did pretty much the same as you, love them all… that one didn’t last long

Did a trial of putting up my new Vango Agora air awning in the garden before using it on the van and being the entertainment on the campsite.
Four mistakes:
1. Read the instructions and they said single inflation point; so as soon a I found the valve, I connected up the supplied pump and started pumping. No experience of how long these things take to inflate, I was still pumping 6mins later. Something not right. On a closer look saw it had a second valve which was open, so closed it off and it then inflated really quickly. Doh!
2. Didn’t follow the instructions and peg the base out, so getting it to pop up was harder than it needed to be as it kept spinning around as I straightened one beam another collapsed. Also think it would be easier if actually connected to the awning rail.
3. Left the little square fabric ceiling connected when I deflated and rolled it up. Hopefully it won’t have mattered.
4. Didn’t take enough notice of how it was originally folded, so got it back in its bag but minus the pump.

Hopefully that's a removable towbar, otherwise I'd be constantly smashing my shins on it.
It is but I’ve never removed it and it’s never been a problem.
Ironically I walked past next doors T5 the other week and smashed my shin onto their towbar which did smart a little.

Reactions: Bav
Here you go: For me basically 2.2m wide at top, 2.4m wide at bottom (SWB). 0.37m tall (for my van)
Used 12 eyelets equidistant(ish) across top and looped bungee in an out.
There are 5 eyelets at the bottom ( these were already in the tarpaulin I cut down) and I just reused (that’s where the 2.4m comes from - nothing specific)
It fits under the van nicely.
Haven’t tried it out properly yet, so expect i may have to tweak it a bit.View attachment 197848
Thanks EAN
I’ve messed about with various method of stopping the howling gale that came whistle under my van.
This’ll work well with a bit of tweaking, I’m sure.
Off to Polzeath in 3 weeks and it’s always draughty there so I’ll knock up something similar and give it a go!

Reactions: EAN
Done wheel alignment today after 2 months since the suspension upgrade from CRS. Wished I did this immediately.

The toe in and out geometry really makes a big difference once lowered, now a complete transformation in the way it drives, she’s so smooth and refined, feels like a new van.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Not strictly today.. but many recent days!! Finally got round to building the kitchen units to fit in my Ovano bed/drawer….
Glad I had the modified drawer end done when I ordered as gives decent access to the lower shelves….
Still a work in progress!
CBADFA77-179B-4D8C-AD03-8A21D46DC37B.jpeg

Back