What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Oh no. It's so easy to forget Van height when you don't drive it regularly. Hope your lesson was not too expensive
This was in a Passat rather than a Transporter, but yeah, way too easy.
Bike was north of a grand to replace, haulage was very reasonable ~£70 for a pallet and I forget what the roof rails cost to replace/fit (this was back in noughties).

Cleared my afternoon of work especially to fit new curtains. Snapped 2 drill bits. Got 1 rail on. New drill bits coming tomorrow.

Not a complete success.
Update. 7 drill bits now snapped and I’ve only completed the passenger slider and most of the tailgate . 10 more bits coming from amazon tomorrow, should be enough to get me finished.

I saw out UK sticker was coming away so removed it. The outer with UK came off easy leaving the sticker bit, which came off in four to five parts. This left the sticky glue on the tailgate. ☹️
To ten cottonwool pads later and a quarter of a bottle of nail varnish remover and the spot was clean again. What a PITA!! Tempted to buy a more expensive magnetic UK sign next time we go abroad....

Fitted the T6.1 swooshy rear LED lights bought Nov last year to my T6:

T6 LED rear lights 1.jpg

A little bit darker tint than the original red, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Bought from here:

Well chuffed with how they look & update the rear end.
Now wish I'd have fitted them sooner!!

Last edited:
I saw out UK sticker was coming away so removed it. The outer with UK came off easy leaving the sticker bit, which came off in four to five parts. This left the sticky glue on the tailgate. ☹️
To ten cottonwool pads later and a quarter of a bottle of nail varnish remover and the spot was clean again. What a PITA!! Tempted to buy a more expensive magnetic UK sign next time we go abroad....
I go away quite frequently as we live on the Kent coast and I also have a European wife, I just got the number plates made up with a relatively small UK logo

thumbnail_IMG_3005.jpg

I go away quite frequently as we live on the Kent coast and I also have a European wife, I just got the number plates made up with a relatively small UK logo

View attachment 198320
Unless you are going to Spain and then you need a sticker, whether you have one on your number plate or not. Whether you would actually get a ticket is a different mater.
I stick one on the glass. Hopefully it'll be less likely to make a mess if I need to remove it.

Unless you are going to Spain and then you need a sticker, whether you have one on your number plate or not. Whether you would actually get a ticket is a different mater.
I stick one on the glass. Hopefully it'll be less likely to make a mess if I need to remove it.
Didnt know that however its not on my travel lists. I assume doesnt apply to European vistors just the UK post Brexit

Was that easy to fit? We have a Skoda and the parking ticket holder and the brolly are the two things we miss in the T6!
when I bought the T6 Forum stickers a parking ticket holder was included. It attached to the windscreen with double sided tape...

Back