What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

PS. On a not unrelated subject, we got home yesterday afternoon after a long weekend in Yorkshire (Huddersfield area and Leeds) for a family wedding. We came home via Manchester and somewhere on the M6 overtook a Transit based camper whose pop top had lifted open a good 4" at the front. Unless both the driver and passenger were as deaf as me, they must have been able to hear the wind noise but I did open my window and point it out to them. That said, we kept going and I've no idea if he pulled over or that was the usual state of their roof. I kind of wish that I'd made a mental note of the time we saw it but I didn't - my rear camera records in 3 minute segments and to find the relevant footage from when we went past them in amongst all the other files just fell into the too difficult category or I would have posted a still photo.

@Ayjay I feel exactly the same as you! I'm constantly worrying between whether I've pulled too tight on the straps and I'm going to damage it, or not enough and going to have my roof pop up while driving! o_O I think I worry too much!

@Ayjay I feel exactly the same as you! I'm constantly worrying between whether I've pulled too tight on the straps and I'm going to damage it, or not enough and going to have my roof pop up while driving! o_O I think I worry too much!
Try not to worry about the possibility of you worrying too much. ;)

Although it's a wet day in Fife, I tried the Gyeon Q2M wet polish on my Shuttle today. I tested it on a small patch Incase of any issues, but it goes on fine and washed off easily. Not sure it gives a mirror polished surface as it's still raining, but it does appear to have the same affect as Rain X. The water now beads on the surface and runs off easily. Simple to use.
During the wash...

IMG20230510121909.jpg
And after...

IMG20230510143501.jpg

Last edited:
Although it's a wet day in Fife, I tried the Gyeon Q2M wet polish on my Shuttle today. I tested it on a small patch Incase of any issues, but it goes on fine and washed off easily. Not sure it gives a mirror polished surface as it's still raining, but it does appear to have the same affect as Rain X. The water now beads on the surface and runs off easily. Simple to use.
During the wash...

View attachment 198572
And after...

View attachment 198573
Brilliant stuff that, it’s made the rain stop

Are these painted or bought them oem? If so where from if you don't mind me asking
Bought. There are a couple of items that I'm going to have to paint (simply because it doesn't look like they can be purchased in Titan Black), but the rest I'm sourcing from one of 3 places:

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/
https://www.oemvwshop.com/
Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & More | eBay

If your next question is going to be "do you have the part numbers?"...there are a few great threads within this forum that have all the info you need (which is how I'm doing it).

Here for example:
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/part-numbers.16605/
Dub Haus Build Thread

I've previously changed my door cards to Caravelle Titan Black versions, and I'm in the process of ordering all of the lower dash in Titan Black...these things I'm currently doing (grab handles, sun visor clips, seat belt clips) are just the little finishing touches ;)

These devices look neat. Where did you buy the bits John.
@BoroBoy - yes, those are the clasps as in @Rioja John ‘s post.
The only thing I had to do for my Reimo tub handles was to widen the diameter of the clasp from the bought J hook. Managed to do it a bit at a time without cracking the plastic coating.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Operation 'replace Moonrock' has started. Very slowly (parts being replaced as they arrive)...but started nonetheless.

View attachment 198566

View attachment 198567
@amo1968red I have the black sun glasses cover for the drivers side if it’s any use to you? I bought it tie a friend but they didn’t need it. It’s just sitting in my garage. I’m not after anything for it. It’s not genuine but looks good.

Last edited:
@amo1968red I have the black sun glasses cover for the drivers side if it’s any use to you? I bought it tie a friend but they didn’t need it. It’s just sitting in my garage. I’m not after anything for it. It’s not genuine but looks good.
@Kev.O - If nobody else wants it, I will have it.

I'm actually after one of these, as it happens. Almost bought one from eBay last night. Will PM you :thumbsup:

Back