What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Oops no amount of cameras and beeps will help if you don’t look/don’t take notice of them as too busy talking out window to the friends who have the weird drive that is challenging to turn round on.

I think the LV reflector is the same as the Vw one? Anyone able to confirm before I call them.

IMG_8345.jpeg

Oops no amount of cameras and beeps will help if you don’t look/don’t take notice of them as too busy talking out window to the friends who have the weird drive thst is challenging to turn round on.

I think the LV reflector is the same as the Vw one? Anyone able to confirm beifre I call them.

View attachment 212168
I've had a similar close call (thankfully without the same result) given the sheer number of warnings I get in the Caravelle with the all round sensors and the rear radar. Given how many alerts I get for kerbs well below a risk height or long grass it thinks I'm going to swing into it's dangerously easy to mentally assume it's another false alert and not glance at the display.

Oops no amount of cameras and beeps will help if you don’t look/don’t take notice of them as too busy talking out window to the friends who have the weird drive that is challenging to turn round on.

I think the LV reflector is the same as the Vw one? Anyone able to confirm before I call them.

View attachment 212168
Sorry to see this mate. Don’t worry, though.. We’ve all got it in us. Eh, @Woland.
#Wallop

Had our leaking sliding side windows replaced under warranty, both sides. Ours didn’t leak as badly as some others have experienced, but I just mentioned it when van in for recent service and immediately told to book it back in for replacements.
This is at Glasgow VW Van Centre, have had nothing but excellent customer service from them since bought the van, top marks.

Today I finished putting the hook up socket in and connected up to my camping electrics, I had to drill through 3 skins of metal with a tapered cutter and this allowed me to put a piece of hose pipe over the hook up cable going through the skins. Then I drilled through the 4th skin of metal and fitted a cable grommet to protect the cable inside the van.I removed what metal filings I could and then pumped in loads of wax oil before fitting the socket and cable.

View attachment 170280

View attachment 170281

View attachment 170283

View attachment 170284

The electric sockets aren’t sitting on the floor it’s the angle of the picture taken.

John.
About to do this. Do you have details of the socket visible in the first picture, please?

About to do this. Do you have details of the socket visible in the first picture, please?
Here you are Chris.

John.

Started fitting the first of many painted components.

Any suggestions on how to pit the top trim section would be gratefully recieved - centre clips are in fine, but ends are proving problematic.

IMG_0712.jpegIMG_0710.jpegIMG_0709.jpegIMG_0706.jpeg

Started fitting the first of many painted components.

Any suggestions on how to pit the top trim section would be gratefully recieved - centre clips are in fine, but ends are proving problematic.
A bit of lube (wd40) and a firm press should do it. Put your fingers through the gaps so you can push with your thumbs so it won't crack the grille.

Fitted a Solarplexus rear tinted screen shade. Wanted to tint the rear window for privacy and thought this might be better than film as I have a heated rear screen. Was a bit awkward to do single-handedly above your head but seems to fit ok. Not driven yet so hopefully it doesn’t vibrate and make an annoying noise! Very happy with the privacy, it is almost impossible to see through from outside (in the daylight at least) so any kit in the rear is hidden from sight.

Edit - now driven and it doesn’t rattle. Very happy.

B82B45F2-D771-49E1-B3E4-1AC2E089E54E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm coming close to getting rid of all this bloody racking out of my ex-fleet panel van! I reckon another hour after work and I'll have finished.

Hopefully I'll be fitting windows all around this weekend, and possibly some new to me alloys.

On the subject has anybody fitted a tailgate window? None of the guides seem to cover it so I'm assuming (and hoping) it's the same as the rest.

I'm coming close to getting rid of all this bloody racking out of my ex-fleet panel van! I reckon another hour after work and I'll have finished.

Hopefully I'll be fitting windows all around this weekend, and possibly some new to me alloys.

On the subject has anybody fitted a tailgate window? None of the guides seem to cover it so I'm assuming (and hoping) it's the same as the rest.
Would imagine its just the same as the others

Fixed the sliding cover issue with pop top, it now sits as it should rather than drooping too low.

Reactions: CAB
so you spend an hour or so washing and waxing you Van only for the rain on the following day, to bring the Sahara sands. Bless
yeap, same. washed earlier in the week, this morning - covered in sand!
- so just been out and given it a quick wash again (my OCD went haywire)

Back