What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

All good with DAB Radio, however T6.1 doesn’t like them. It triggers fog light warning.
It shouldn’t as described by the seller.

All good with DAB Radio, however T6.1 doesn’t like them. It triggers fog light warning.
It shouldn’t as described by the seller.
Does it come with the little control unit things? When I tried the bulbs from TravelinLite, I got the error when I didn’t use them.

Control unit installed but no difference. It Was fine on the T6. I’ll take them off and install osram h11 boost. You can have my led and give it a go.

Last edited:
Gave the van it's first proper wash since picking it up in July - it had a waterless wash in the meantime but as our hosepipe ban hasn't long been lifted this is the first chance I've had to give it a proper going over.

It's a deel pearl black and I don't think it's ever had a 'proper' wash and detail. Boy did it need it!

About 4 hours later, I've washed it, de-tarred and de-fallouted the sides and bonnet which felt like sandpaper with the amount of tar spots and iron fallout on them - they're not perfect but they're about 95% clear now. Also used soft99 glaco compound on the windscreen which had some atrocious staining that made it almost impossible to see out of when the wipers wiped over light dew - this stuff is absolutely fantastic and it's got rid of all the ingrained marks. Also did the driver's and passenger windows and the sliding door windows with the same stuff, before I had to call it a night as the sun had set and it was getting hard to see!

I'll continue the job tomorrow after work, I'll do the rear window and the side rear windows and maybe even the insides of one of the sliding door windows as I saw the ghost of an old sticker when cladding the insides a few weeks back. I'll need to make sure there's no residue of any of the cleaners I used (probably missed loads in the failing light) so I'll probably give it a quick wash over with onr, and a proper dry before I can apply glaco dx sealant to the windscreen and windows, and some protection to the paint.

It desperately needs a full polish tbh as there's loads of swirls and plenty of bigger light scratches all over the van.
Another couple of hours spent on the van tonight and, well, it's 'clean'.

I need a full day with it really, without 30 degree baking sun - not a couple of hours here and there in fading light.

Used ONR for the first time and it seemed good for what it's meant to do, once the van is sorted and fully clean I can see me using it a lot. Went over the whole van with it as the roof was still covered in soapy residue and the sides weren't that much better. It's still got a load of soap spots from Sunday unfortunately, that's the issue with washing in the direct sun and heat.

I didn't bother with any protection after trying it on the driver's door and sliding door as there's not really much point in protecting a panel that still needs another good wash :rofl:

I did at least manage to fully coat the windscreen in the Glaco DX sealant which seems really really slick and if the windscreen is as clean as I think it now is, will be a massive improvement over what it was like before.

Most of the panels still feel as smooth as a badgers arse too.

Oh, black cars, why do we do it!

I've discovered that the detailing gods, KDS/Lake Country, are a mere 20 minutes away from me so before winter sets in I'll take it them and let them have thier wicked way with it - it'll probably cost me the best part of £1500 for a full detail, 2-3 stage polish and ceramic coat but if it means I can do a quick 30-45 minute onr wash every week or 2 with a longer snow foam, de-tar and decontamination wash every 2-3 months It'll be more than worth the cost.

I mean I'm looking at spending that much on a set of wheels and tyres so spending the same amount of the rest of the van seems a no brainer.

Last edited:
Abbey Caravan & Camping site. i was born in Connah Quay and have come up to see my brothers and explore a bit of the NWales beauty I left behind. Anglesey on Friday
@Gegsy73 just been told about the 20mph coming into effect on Sunday!!!!!!!!! OMG better be on best behaviour until i get across the Border

@Gegsy73 just been told about the 20mph coming into effect on Sunday!!!!!!!!! OMG better be on best behaviour until i get across the Border
Haha yep! It’s difficult as well as they are meant to be changing the 30mph signs but don’t seem to have started around us yet!

Now there is something else I didn't realise I needed! Did you manage to sort out any 'pooling' issues?
:):):) using my awning stretcher bar to keep the barn doors open under tension and then crocodile clips off Amazon to give the canvas tension itself. will take some pics.

Once I had mastered a sowing machine via YouTube is was straightforward to produce the hoodie for under £30. Going to have a go at full length version with zip to keep the rain fully out

Back