What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Do you have a link for the side door net please? Are you happy with it? Cheers
mega happy. The idea was @Stuka that i copied. it was off Amazon with similar dimensions to the pic. The velcro is not up to much so i used fabric adhesives along the top and a series of press studs (again off Amazon) for the sides. oh and i added some tie backs but very rarely roll it up. allows me to sleep with the door open when there is no rain forecast which i like.

IMG_4619.png

IMG_4621.jpeg

IMG_4620.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
mega happy. The idea was @Stuka that i copied. it was off Amazon with similar dimensions to the pic. The velcro is not up to much so i used fabric adhesives along the top and a series of press studs (again off Amazon) for the sides. oh and i added some tie backs but very rarely roll it up. allows me to sleep with the door open when there is no rain forecast which i like.

View attachment 213813

View attachment 213815

View attachment 213816
Bit of advice when using this product. DO NOT stick the magnetic strip to keep it open on your bodywork. You WILL end up with many tiny scratches (yes, im that guy who found out ha ha)

@Saffa365
my job tomorrow hopefully weather permitting is to fit the same headlights as yours, so I’ve watched a few videos on bumper removal, is it simply enough ?
any chance of breaking any clips as that is my worry
thanks
Paul

@Saffa365
my job tomorrow hopefully weather permitting is to fit the same headlights as yours, so I’ve watched a few videos on bumper removal, is it simply enough ?
any chance of breaking any clips as that is my worry
thanks
Paulchance of breaking any clips ,
Not really , the hardest clips to remove are the two that hold the bumper sides together ( the ones that you have to peel the black liner back for , I normally just squash them out and replace with new clips
Other than that follow the thq video and you will get there in the end
My advice would be to test the lights and beam pattern before you put bumper back

View attachment 213813

View attachment 213815

View attachment 213816
Awesome. Many thanks.

So today I spent some time fiddling with fuses to see if things are the way I think they are for some future schemes.

First up I figured out which of the 4 30amp fuses feeding the OE towing module does what.

Second I confirmed that pulling the 30amp fuse for the tailgate module will indeed stop the auto close - I also learnt that some of the fuseways have extra clips to hold the fuses in on the ends, which I've not seen before and caused... profanity.

Finally I went hunting for a seat base bell like rattle and tried to tidy some of the factory looms there given that I'd like to use the space to store items and I'm in mortal fear of MrsR shoving stuff under the front of the passenger seat...

Best bit is at the end of the day I had not offended the canbus gods and no Lights Of Doom on the dash :thumbsup:

Topped up the power steering fluid.

I was getting a high pitched squeal when turning the steering when the engine was cold, was thinking it might be a costly issue. Checked the fluid level and it was below the cold mark - topped up and the noise has gone!

I'll keep an eye on it in case there's a leak.

Reactions: CAB
Back