What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Had some new wheels and tyres fitted today. 17” Tomahawk wheels & RXQUEST ROADX AT tyres. Need to wash off the blue protection tomorrow to reveal the white writing in all it's glory :cool: Feels like the van has it's big boy pants on now. Just got to figure out what to do with 4 brand new spare wheels and tyres
New Wheels 1.jpg

New Wheels 2.jpg

VW designers really need to take a visit to Volvo. I managed to change a bulb in 4 mins, wearing gloves, on my sister's XC90 by removing the entire headlight unit with just two metal bars locking it in place.
That'll be the P3 variant then.

The reason it's so good is the P2 variant (mine) was god awful, to change a lamp it's either bumper off or remove ECU boxes that are tight behind them. I had to do one by hand on holiday in Scotland during the Beast from the East and it took about 3 hours.

I just take it to the dealer who can do it in about 20 mins while I wait.

Not strictly today but fitted some sound insulation in the scuttle over the weekend. Didn't seem to make as big a difference as I was expecting. Alas, another job done and I was glad when the wipers came off with a magic tap in the right place - no tools required!

Not today, but yesterday.
Had 340mm brake kit with Nutexa discs and pads fitted to Fronts, and new Nutexa discs, and new calipers and pads to rears. View attachment 226946View attachment 226947
Looking good there @BoroBoy - nice old skool R logo as well :thumbsup:
Generally, is there an improvement to stopping power with going up a size from standard front @308mm to bigger 340mm "big brakes"?

Only drove the van 6 miles since the brakes were done. I was taking it easy, so couldn't really tell at the moment.

Back