What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

CRS I think is the next stop. Lazers will be a back burner job for now. May want a glossy grille. Who knows
There's not really much to do with these vans is there! Steve at CRS was my favourite mod, closely followed by being able to see in the dark!

Today I’ve bled the new rear caliper AGAIN !
Took it for a test drive yesterday and brakes were spongy as hell.
My glamorous assistant, when quizzed, said that she pressed the pedal down but her leg was aching so she let the pressure off. Obviously sucked air back in to the caliper.
Anyway, that’s the third time now I’ve done that brake lol.
Swappping wheels for the Devonports anyway.
Then, just to cap it off, the front wheels were last put on by the tyre place so I can’t get them off despite my massive strength :cool:.
So tomorrow I’ve got to drive to the tyre place to get the bolts loosened.
4 mo with odd size wheels front to rear now. I’m hoping the 300 metres to the tyre place in the village won’t kill the haldex.

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
Then, just to cap it off, the front wheels were last put on by the tyre place so I can’t get them off despite my massive strength :cool:.
So tomorrow I’ve got to drive to the tyre place to get the bolts loosened.
A deep 19mm socket, a sledge hammer and a good aim will get them off in no time

Swapped my tyres around just before the rain came in and had a good luck at the replacement springs. Reckon they came from a tank. Taking the van to the Manchester National Cycle Centre tomorrow and might decide the front springs are getting the tank treatment too :)

I have V3s and despite holding my breath for the MOT they were not an issue. A broken rear spring however.............
Mine look great. Fitted them today. They can with H7 Halogen but have installed the LED. Look the same as my Tiguan Allspace did. Same brightness and make a world of difference. MOT on the 7th. If they complain I’ll remove, retest, and replace.
IMG_1497.jpeg

So van was valeted yesterday at dealers. Don't know what they used on the dash but it fooked my heater buttons. AC demist and the recirculation all stuck in ffs!! So I thought I'll have a go.. . An hour and all out fixed and back in. Was like a wax holding the buttons in. Beer earned me thinks

20240223_181245.jpg

IMG-20240223-WA0007.jpeg

So van was valeted yesterday at dealers. Don't know what they used on the dash but it fooked my heater buttons. AC demist and the recirculation all stuck in ffs!! So I thought I'll have a go.. . An hour and all out fixed and back in. Was like a wax holding the buttons in. Beer earned me thinks

View attachment 230660

View attachment 230661
I think I'd have introduced the dealer to a high-velocity, van-shaped suppository! :mad:

Back