What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Nice job on those rear windows.

Check the details on the primer - there may be a certain working time for it before the surface isn’t as active.
ah thanks for that.. I will do. replacement window arrived so planning to fit tomorrow. So maybe I will need to re-prime.

Unfortunately I managed to get angle grinding swarf on the rear windows so they are marked with tiny spatter like someone flicked a tooth brush on them. Urgh. I think it's burnt into the privacy tint. `I will give it a proper try to clean it off but probably have to live with it...

ah thanks for that.. I will do. replacement window arrived so planning to fit tomorrow. So maybe I will need to re-prime.

Unfortunately I managed to get angle grinding swarf on the rear windows so they are marked with tiny spatter like someone flicked a tooth brush on them. Urgh. I think it's burnt into the privacy tint. `I will give it a proper try to clean it off but probably have to live with it...
I found some on the outside of my rear screen after the pop top was fitted. Didn’t notice until weeks after, when they became rust dots all over the glass.
I used one of those scrapers that you put a Stanley knife blade into.
Sprayed glass with water to lubricator and scraped over very lightly. You’ll hear it sounding rough and then after a couple of passes it’s lovely and smooth. Keep it very wet as you go. Use a very shallow angle and no pressure so as not to scratch the glass. I have only one permanent area of visible damage that is pinhead size and not noticeable.
I believe it’s also possible to use fallout remover to dissolve the metal. Something like this, but I’ve never tried it.

Black trapezoid side bars fitted bought from Vee Dub transporters, look good now I’ve finally got them on but have to say that the fitting instructional video which they give you is incorrect, misleading and a total waste of time. Ended up working it out for myself by trial and error as to which way things fitted. Just wish I’d read the comments to the video before attempting to follow it.

Agreed to an Up-plating on my T28 to 3100kg. They would go to 3200kg if I installed 'air' in the rear, I'll live without the extra 100kg I feel!
The folk at Van Weight Engineering are excellent. £276 Inc vat, well recommended!

Back