What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Alpine HCE-2100rd reversing camera:

buyer beware just got this unbelievable but honest note back from Alpine Support on their £269 HCE-C2100rd when i queried the resolution of the camera which i would say is 640p rather than 720p or the 1.2Mega px they advertise. Dont waste your precious money:

Hello Dave

Thank you for contacting us

So regarding the HCE-C2100RD: Yes it is a HD camera and is much more improved from its previous model

The issue we face now is that the camera was launched before the Halo 11, which now presents this “fuzzy” image issue.

Unfortunately there are no other settings that can be adjusted to make the image any better.

As the screen is larger, the image does become more pixilated as the Halo 11 display and size is greater than the HCE-C2100RD

Not the ideal outcome, and we do apologise. If it is not something that is acceptable, the only option would be to try a 3rd party camera, but you may face the same challenges

Thank You

The last big job of the conversion!

Fitted front swivel bases and routed the passenger seat wiring. Never been so happy to fit a panel. Job done.

Note to self, chock wheels before attempting to shift driver seat base, which is connected to the handbrake. Wow that was scary. And lucky!

I say last big job. Moving the satellite shed in my kitchen back into the shed is gonna take some effort

PXL_20240626_084658290.jpg

PXL_20240626_125337205.jpg

PXL_20240626_125920505.jpg

PXL_20240626_140642504.jpg

Last edited:
The last big job of the conversion!

Fitted front swivel bases and routed the passenger seat wiring. Never been so happy to fit a panel. Job done.

Note to self, chock wheels before attempting to shift driver seat base, which is connected to the handbrake. Wow that was scary. And lucky!

I say last big job. Moving the satellite shed in my kitchen back into the shed is gonna take some effort

View attachment 248055

View attachment 248056

View attachment 248057

View attachment 248058
Which swivel base did you go for?

Which swivel base did you go for?

Rib from Kiravans. Feel solid. Not driven yet. Needed to trim bottom of seat trims a bit. I think the raising shims might remove that problem, but I didn't want the seats being high.

Went to experience the @CRS Performance after sales support! Discovered this morning that one of my Koni Activs had developed a leak. No issue, no quibble - Jim (Steve’s son) swapped it out immediately.

As ever, a visit to @CRS Performance is worth the 4+ hour round trip. The knowledge and expertise that is imparted in simple terms is reassuring. Jim is a perfectionist - methodical and confident in his work. @CRS Performance is in good hands if Steve ever retires (though he’s more likely to be dragged out kicking with his toe-tectors still on!!!)

Went to experience the @CRS Performance after sales support! Discovered this morning that one of my Koni Activs had developed a leak. No issue, no quibble - Jim (Steve’s son) swapped it out immediately.

As ever, a visit to @CRS Performance is worth the 4+ hour round trip. The knowledge and expertise that is imparted in simple terms is reassuring. Jim is a perfectionist - methodical and confident in his work. @CRS Performance is in good hands if Steve ever retires (though he’s more likely to be dragged out kicking with his toe-tectors still on!!!)
A visit to CRS is next on my list, I think my suspension has gotten worse now I've put some more weight in the van, I'm grimacing over every road imperfection, let alone proper potholes! Just your normal rough, patchy tarmac is enough to rattle and shake the van to bits!!

A visit to CRS is next on my list, I think my suspension has gotten worse now I've put some more weight in the van, I'm grimacing over every road imperfection, let alone proper potholes! Just your normal rough, patchy tarmac is enough to rattle and shake the van to bits!!
Steve @CRS Performance was my first 'proper' mod, the difference his koni and H&R kit made turned mine from a stargazing space hopper on a pogo stick ride to absolute carlike joy. I can't recommend his services highly enough. Over a year on, perfect.

Steve @CRS Performance was my first 'proper' mod, the difference his koni and H&R kit made turned mine from a stargazing space hopper on a pogo stick ride to absolute carlike joy. I can't recommend his services highly enough. Over a year on, perfect.
Mines less pogo stick/space hopper/blancmange - more rock hard/feel every ripple and broken bit of tarmac/wince at every pothole as it bangs and crashes it's way down the road! It doesn't roll much when cornering, though :rofl:

I need to go up and softer, hopefully without gaining too much bodyroll.

Mines less pogo stick/space hopper/blancmange - more rock hard/feel every ripple and broken bit of tarmac/wince at every pothole as it bangs and crashes it's way down the road! It doesn't roll much when cornering, though :rofl:

I need to go up and softer, hopefully without gaining too much bodyroll.
Do me a favour and drop me a line when you're going to see him, I'm less than 10 minutes away from CRS and I can't wait to meet your van, I mean you obviously! Tuesdays or Thursdays are good!

Back