What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Some 3D printed chocks for my Rusty Lee single seat swivel base from @BognorMotors arrived in the post this morning. Rang the office and spoke to Simon on Wednesday (ruddy nice chap), placed the order, immediately received my invoice along with a quick instructional fitting video over email, and they arrived less than 48 hours later. Superb service (not that I'm surprised).

These eliminate any seat wobble you get from the Rusty Lee swivel base - which isn't much of a problem when someone's sat in the passenger seat (the missus never complained), but if you're out and about by yourself, on our fine UK roads, then it's a bit annoying. Literally seconds to fit them (and take them out again when you need to swivel the seat) - no spanners required. A simple, but genius solution.

IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

Some 3D printed chocks for my Rusty Lee single seat swivel base from @BognorMotors arrived in the post this morning. Rang the office and spoke to Simon on Wednesday (ruddy nice chap), placed the order, immediately received my invoice along with a quick instructional fitting video over email, and they arrived less than 48 hours later. Superb service (not that I'm surprised).

These eliminate any seat wobble you get from the Rusty Lee swivel base - which isn't much of a problem when someone's sat in the passenger seat (the missus never complained), but if you're out and about by yourself, on our fine UK roads, then it's a bit annoying. Literally seconds to fit them (and take them out again when you need to swivel the seat) - no spanners required. A simple, but genius solution.

View attachment 248332
View attachment 248333
View attachment 248331
I’ve never had an issue with my Rusty Lee swivels, but then I have the seats wound right down. They’d be too high to be comfortable otherwise.

Yes. Standard Headunit as don't feel I need upgrades yet. I use Google maps for satnav which is fine on the standard headunit and TuneIn for radio when it gets patchy on DAB
I’d love to hear the difference to sound quality when replacing standard speakers and sound deadening the doors over OEM speakers. I’ve no room in my van for extra spearers In the back and subwoofers etc. If it’s night and day different then the question is how much did it cost?

I’ve never had an issue with my Rusty Lee swivels, but then I have the seats wound right down. They’d be too high to be comfortable otherwise.

My seat is fully wound down also Dave - likely that as I'm lowered on coilovers with 20" wheels, the firmer ride contributes to the passenger seat wobbling and making a bit of noise when no-one is sat in it.

View attachment 248332
View attachment 248333
View attachment 248331
Glad you are pleased with them - all feedback as been passed onto the team

So after a nice tootle back home and getting the settings right I am WELL impressed with the sound over standard. The punch on bass is 100% better. Mids and treble is improved. I'm no audiophile but the wife has a Bose system in her car and it easily sounds as good as that. The sound deadening package is a bit of a revelation too. So much quieter driving down the motorway. Turned the radio off and it was car like. Very happy with the cost and the work that goes into it has to be seen. Layers of sound deadening dodo mats. On the doors themselves, the door skins and the inner panels. You can see why so much noise is lost. And now I can definitely say 'they shut like a Golf!'. I will try and get some audio but I doubt it will capture the massive difference these make.Thanks @Dav-Tec once again you've knocked it out of the park mate.

20240628_085723.jpg

20240628_111716.jpg

20240628_114453.jpg

20240628_112010.jpg

20240628_113002.jpg

20240628_120113.jpg

20240628_120428.jpg

20240628_114444.jpg

20240628_115646.jpg

So after a nice tootle back home and getting the settings right I am WELL impressed with the sound over standard. The punch on bass is 100% better. Mids and treble is improved. I'm no audiophile but the wife has a Bose system in her car and it easily sounds as good as that. The sound deadening package is a bit of a revelation too. So much quieter driving down the motorway. Turned the radio off and it was car like. Very happy with the cost and the work that goes into it has to be seen. Layers of sound deadening dodo mats. On the doors themselves, the door skins and the inner panels. You can see why so much noise is lost. And now I can definitely say 'they shut like a Golf!'. I will try and get some audio but I doubt it will capture the massive difference these make.Thanks @Dav-Tec once again you've knocked it out of the park mate.

View attachment 248358

View attachment 248359

View attachment 248360

View attachment 248361

View attachment 248362

View attachment 248363

View attachment 248364

View attachment 248365

View attachment 248366
Is that just with the std head unit, no amp or subwoofer?

My old car had a really nice and 12 speaker system and the T6, even the caravelle with a bit of extra sound deadening, is majorly lacking in comparison. Boomy (almost non existent) bass, sharp and fatiguing treble - basically if it's turned up beyond a low volume it's not only harsh but uncomfortable to listen to.

I'm not an audiophile (although the £300 planar magnetic headphones I'm currently listening to say otherwise...) but I enjoy listening to good music, in a good way :D

A speaker upgrade is (another thing) on my list to do.

My seat is fully wound down also Dave - likely that as I'm lowered on coilovers with 20" wheels, the firmer ride contributes to the passenger seat wobbling and making a bit of noise when no-one is sat in it.
Our van is lowered too, care of that nice chap Steve at CRS. We’re on 17” Devonports. Maybe it is just big wheels and skinny tyres?

Started prep for the solar cables - conduit run down the side of the tailgate and grommets in the rear light and behind the small corner panel - seemed the easiest place to fish them from. I’m much more comfortable drilling there than through the roof.

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

Back