What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Went to experience the @CRS Performance after sales support! Discovered this morning that one of my Koni Activs had developed a leak. No issue, no quibble - Jim (Steve’s son) swapped it out immediately.

As ever, a visit to @CRS Performance is worth the 4+ hour round trip. The knowledge and expertise that is imparted in 8simple terms is reassuring. Jim is a perfectionist - methodical and confident in his work. @CRS Performance is in good hands if Steve ever retires (though he’s more likely to be dragged out kicking with his toe-tectors still on!!!)
It was Jim who picked up that my new T32 sportline which has the VW eibach lowering springs fitted on arrival in UK . Was actually only 10 mm down at the rear . What is the point this is a 500 to 600 pound option I believe. The ride is awful as well but it will be sorted soon enough. The van is also completely black ( not a black edition however) and they fitted chrome side rails. ????

Do me a favour and drop me a line when you're going to see him, I'm less than 10 minutes away from CRS and I can't wait to meet your van, I mean you obviously! Tuesdays or Thursdays are good!
Will do :thumbsup:
To be honest, I’ll probably go to @CRS Performance for anything under the van - they just know what they’re doing and are super quick too. It’s bit of a haul for me, but worth it for peace of mind that the job is done properly.
They're a 180 mile each way trip for me, I'll just stop off as part of a long weekend in North Wales or the Peak District!

Finally tracked down the source of a mega annoying squeak from my van which occurs over the tiniest ripple in the road, it was the lock on my bike drawer, on one side - the metal, a 5mm long bit, was rubbing against another bit of metal, creating a high pitched warbling squeak! Slathered it in grease, noise gone!! :D

Will do :thumbsup:

They're a 180 mile each way trip for me, I'll just stop off as part of a long weekend in North Wales or the Peak District!
I drove similar to that to go to a nice friendly T6.1 towbar fitter who was prepared to work on a Saturday morning. I arrived at 9am having left home at 5am and detoured to pick up a Teletower folding portable scaffold tower on the way. LOL

Finally tracked down the source of a mega annoying squeak from my van which occurs over the tiniest ripple in the road, it was the lock on my bike drawer, on one side - the metal, a 5mm long bit, was rubbing against another bit of metal, creating a high pitched warbling squeak! Slathered it in grease, noise gone!! :D

( If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen!!!! )

Finally turned up yesterday, just in time for father's day!
Give your van the old Land Rover 4x4 look with the Bak-Rak Towball Spare Wheel Rak.
I've put an 8.5J with a 245/45 r20 on, it would easily fit a 275.
It flops down flat to open the left hand barn door only, can't open the right, but that's ok for us. Interesting if a tailgate would open with it..?
Ideal for the longer treks to save hassle with removing our standard nasty spare from underneath.
Certainly need another numberplate I feel.

20240627_163750.jpg

20240627_163428.jpg

got a rivnut tool today. Mounted aluminium angle to the roof bars & will bolt the solar panel to that. Have to run the front bar backwards due to the aero profile. Need the fat edge for the rivnut. Rest of the kit delayed in post so can’t do much more.

IMG_0486.jpeg

edit*

Got it mounted between the roof bars - should be pretty stealthy. Cables will be entering the van behind the brake light. Loads of space to tuck them down the side of the tailgate.

IMG_0488.jpeg
Edit 2 *

Got it on the roof ready for when the connectors come. Happy with how you can’t really tell it’s there.

IMG_0490.jpeg

IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally turned up yesterday, just in time for father's day!
Give your van the old Land Rover 4x4 look with the Bak-Rak Towball Spare Wheel Rak.
I've put an 8.5J with a 245/45 r20 on, it would easily fit a 275.
It flops down flat to open the left hand barn door only, can't open the right, but that's ok for us. Interesting if a tailgate would open with it..?
Ideal for the longer treks to save hassle with removing our standard nasty spare from underneath.
Certainly need another numberplate I feel.

View attachment 248250

View attachment 248251
Got mine yesterday but opted for Uber Bus Components carrier. Works on either tailgate or barn door

IMG_8730.jpeg

Back