What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

So after a nice tootle back home and getting the settings right I am WELL impressed with the sound over standard. The punch on bass is 100% better. Mids and treble is improved. I'm no audiophile but the wife has a Bose system in her car and it easily sounds as good as that. The sound deadening package is a bit of a revelation too. So much quieter driving down the motorway. Turned the radio off and it was car like. Very happy with the cost and the work that goes into it has to be seen. Layers of sound deadening dodo mats. On the doors themselves, the door skins and the inner panels. You can see why so much noise is lost. And now I can definitely say 'they shut like a Golf!'. I will try and get some audio but I doubt it will capture the massive difference these make.Thanks @Dav-Tec once again you've knocked it out of the park mate.

View attachment 248358

View attachment 248359

View attachment 248360

View attachment 248361

View attachment 248362

View attachment 248363

View attachment 248364

View attachment 248365

View attachment 248366
Glad you're happy mate, bang for buck these are easily the best plug and play system on the market.

Sound deadening done properly is key. This stick some silver anti-vibe mate on a few places and called it deadened is nonsense. Do it once and do it right I say.

Half a set of roof prep bars on as well I didn’t order enough bolts as LWB needs two more than swb and I’d already got to this point and so couldn’t pop out to get some SS from Screwfix.

Oil is holding the end down where there is no hole in the roof and I didn’t intend to drill one.
IMG_0079.jpeg

Interesting experiment. The Alpine subwoofer is ok but i had to turn the gain up quite a bit in order to give it presence despite configuring it as a 2ohm load to feed it max power.

So for £20 i created a new plywood enclosure but this time upward firing and the result more presence for less gain. Swapped out mdf carpeted enclosure and rehoused the 8inch dual sub in the 18mm ply with a dodo lining. Happy chappy:)

played around with it and switched to 4ohm serial to allow more latitude on the gain. A less aggressive base. More happy :)
IMG_6988.jpeg

Last edited:
Solar installed! Left it too late to see if it works though. P*ssed it down. Put the mppt under the passenger seat and used 6mm2 cable - hopefully should minimise any loss for not being next to the battery.

Installed with no roof drilling too.

IMG_0521.jpeg

Edit*

Also fit a fire extinguisher. Just in case.

IMG_0523.jpeg

Last edited:
Back