What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Washed it.

Just your standard, run of the mill, black van, 3 hour long weekday evening wash... :oops:
1000009471.jpg
1000009470.jpg
1000009472.jpg
1000009473.jpg

Gave the bonnet and sides a bit of clay action, the bonnet was surprisingly clear - the sides less so. Lots of ingrained tar and iron that even a treatment with gtechnic products, and the clay bar struggled to shift.

When I start getting the exterior up to standard, those fog lights are getting some yellow tint applied to them. They're almost yellow already! :rofl:

Last edited:
Lock device???
I will need to investigate.
Also what have you got your fridge and freezer set to?
Screenshot_20240701-223442_Chrome.jpg

This should slide down to fit in a hole in the top of the door. Ours pokes out of the bottom of the frame but doesn't come close to the reciprocal hole in the door.
Temps set to -12 and 4. Works fine, really happy with it especially the open from either side feature.

Started prep for the solar cables - conduit run down the side of the tailgate and grommets in the rear light and behind the small corner panel - seemed the easiest place to fish them from. I’m much more comfortable drilling there than through the roof.

View attachment 248385

View attachment 248386

View attachment 248387
@Richard85 I tried those self adhesive cable tie pads on the painted body under my vans tail lights to secure some water tank vent tubes. Even with a thorough cleaning they don’t stay stuck for long.
You may have to find a different way to secure the conduit.

@Richard85 I tried those self adhesive cable tie pads on the painted body under my vans tail lights to secure some water tank vent tubes. Even with a thorough cleaning they don’t stay stuck for long.
You may have to find a different way to secure the conduit.
yeah I thought that at the time and replaced the white foam with double sided 3M stuff that I stick number plates down with. If that fails I’ll stick some wrap down and bond them to that.

Finally got a replacement set of side bars on after the previous set dropped to bits from rust - debating throwing the front mudguards back on to help protect them but still unsure. These are the THQ ones, seem a lot better quality and the powder coating on the Matt ones is textured almost like Raptor coat so hopefully a lot more durable.

IMG_7039.jpeg

Back