What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Took van in for new brakes as 'check brake wear' has been bullying me for a week. Turns out it's the brake wiring loom that needs replacing as it's been catching from what I can see Screenshot_20240704_124247_Gallery.jpgso that's what I've done... established minor distain for the previous owner and dealership and anyone else other than me...

Also my guy says my front nearside shock DOES need replacing as mentioned by @CRS Performance on here a week or so back - pretending i didn't read that message didn't seem to resolve anything - gosh darn!
Screenshot_20240704_133059_Chrome.jpg

So am lookin for a replacement or a set of front bill steins F4-22196712-BO without springs as Those are okay apparently...

Luckily the money I had raised for the brakes will help towards shock replacement.

20240704_120045.jpg

Another Volkswallet day in paradise!

Hope everyone has a grand old time this weekend

P.s. yes I will be getting dust covers and hopefully a steam clean. Am just enquiring with dealership if any of the above is covered in my warranty - doubtful

Last edited:
experimenting with making a little awning tarp for the sliding window, for a bit of protection when cooking in the van, in the British weather, need to get some proper guy lines to tension properly.
Originally was going to use the awning rail channel to slid the tarp on using a Kador strip, but as iv now also fitted brackets to the rail, to mount recovery boards, no access, iv resorted to a section of hardwood dowel through a A961152A-D61F-41CB-AA56-B8F6506F6996.jpeg0227AB6D-1E87-406F-B054-92756D1B20F3.jpegsleeve in the tarp and two rail brackets, but there’s plenty of room for water to still flow though the rail.
Rolls up nicely round the dowel
We will see how it goes in a few weeks time..

Last edited:
Finally installed the LED interior bulbs I bought a year ago. Surely I've had 10 mins spare before today???!
Also removed my tailgate striker with a plan to make it stop squeaking. Plan unravelled pretty quick. On to plan B

Got some Adblue & topped up.. also got a Fire extinguisher & first aid kit delivered ready for the conversion.
Spoken to a fitter, decided colours for the units, floor, bed, as well as the canvas for the pop top. Looking about 2-3 weeks to get it in.. hasn’t quite sunk in yet that it’s happening!

Back