What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finished fitting my 2000w inverter, Inc painting the mounting board, passenger seat out, battery out, 50mm² cables made up and 250a Megafuse added to my main fused busbar.

1000010148.jpg

All fits lovely, even with the factory swivelling seat
1000010149.jpg

Tested with a 500w heatgun I've been using for all my heatshrink on my cables, it pulls 1a on standby.

1000010146.png
1000010145.png

Also ran a long ethernet cable from the seat base (Cerbo GX) to where my high level storage will go when I've built it, there's already 12v wiring in place for a usb socket, and a hdmi cable - so I'll be able to house my 4g router and Victron touch 50 there too.
1000010151.jpg

Also mounted a USB GPS receiver hidden in the white plastic by the passenger door for the Cerbo GX, which appears to be working:
1000010147.png
1000010152.png

It doesn't need to be super accurate, just needs to track location within 100m or so.

So, aside from adding a Victron touch 50 when I've got somewhere to mount it, that's my electrics fully completed!

230Ah of LiFePO4 battery
50a DC-DC charging
305w/20a MPPT solar
2000w inverter
And all the monitoring under the sun thanks to the Cerbo GX!

Last edited:
More yesterday than today, though I was still messing around with is after midnight last night as I needed the van this morning... Applied most of @Dav-Tec 's DEADN/insulation system to my Driver's door and replaced the OEM speaker. Door card to do tonight and hopefully the tweaters. Already sounding much better.

More yesterday than today, though I was still messing around with is after midnight last night as I needed the van this morning... Applied most of @Dav-Tec 's DEADN/insulation system to my Driver's door and replaced the OEM speaker. Door card to do tonight and hopefully the tweaters. Already sounding much better.
I believe you have to drill out the plastic welds on the old speakers, is that correct? (I have this job to do too)

Speakers in doors or the tweeters in A pillar?

I've put larger speakers on the door so needed to drill out the rivets holding the speaker units into the door carrier and rivet in new speaker rings. I'm not sure if the OEM speaker can be separated from the plastic mounting ring. I can have a look later if that's what you were asking about.

I've heard that the tweeter welds will happily break off with a bit of leverage. I think I'm being optimistic getting them done tonight, probably Tues/Wed. I'll let you know how it goes. I plan on sticking the tweeters in place with hot glue.

Speakers in doors or the tweeters in A pillar?

I've put larger speakers on the door so needed to drill out the rivets holding the speaker units into the door carrier and rivet in new speaker rings. I'm not sure if the OEM speaker can be separated from the plastic mounting ring. I can have a look later if that's what you were asking about.

I've heard that the tweeter welds will happily break off with a bit of leverage. I think I'm being optimistic getting them done tonight, probably Tues/Wed. I'll let you know how it goes. I plan on sticking the tweeters in place with hot glue.
I was referring to the door speakers sorry. I did the tweeters last week in the A pillars are you are correct about the welds, just a bit of brute force with a knife or drill bit and they break away. I have the Gladen One kit FYI

I was referring to the door speakers sorry. I did the tweeters last week in the A pillars are you are correct about the welds, just a bit of brute force with a knife or drill bit and they break away. I have the Gladen One kit FYI
Yeh door speakers are pop riveted in and need drilled out to remove them.
It’s pretty straightforward and the gladens sound fantastic

Yeah, riveted in place. Metal rivets but reasonably easy to drill out. Just needs a bit of care as the carrier is quite soft so a bit of care needed to avoid knackering the holes, and careful not to hit outer skin, window regulator runners etc when going through (make sure the window is up or out!). Holes seem to be about 5.5mm. Replacement rivet size I used was 5mm x 15mm. I used a ring of Dodo Superliner on the front and back of the speaker ring to get a nice tight vibration-free fit between carrier/ring and ring/speaker. Without this or using something thinner I could have used a shorter rivet.

My components are an old set of Infiniti Reference 6510 running off an Alpine 2 channel amp. All gear I’d installed in a previous car 15 years ago. Still sound great and only cost me the wiring and speaker fittings this time around

Thermal windscreen cover on, sliding windows open, just sat on my drive. It's going to hit 33 degrees in the SE today!

View attachment 254776
It's doing its job so far, only 3 degrees hotter than ambient inside the van, 34 degrees.

It's cooler in the van that it is in my office in the house! Tempted to take my laptop out and work in the van... :rofl:

Installed more DRL’s in my sportsline front skirt. As obviously the DRL’s in my headlights, bumper and under the bonnet just weren’t enough :geek:
Splashed right out on these though. £4.34 for 4 of them off eBay. So I’ve a spare set if they die.
They’re super bright too. Wired them up so they come on with the ignition. Dead easy to fit.
Please excuse the dirty van. I’ve not washed it since I got home yesterday.
Link here for anyone interested

IMG_6559.jpegIMG_6558.jpeg

I did not enjoy installing mine - is it on a T6? does it turn itself off when your start stop activates? if not can you send a pic of the fuse you wired into? :eek:)
Yes its T6, No cant say it does, I will sort a picture out tomorrow have you got the v5pro model also?

Installed more DRL’s in my sportsline front skirt. As obviously the DRL’s in my headlights, bumper and under the bonnet just weren’t enough :geek:
Splashed right out on these though. £4.34 for 4 of them off eBay. So I’ve a spare set if they die.
They’re super bright too. Wired them up so they come on with the ignition. Dead easy to fit.
Please excuse the dirty van. I’ve not washed it since I got home yesterday.
Link here for anyone interested

View attachment 254926View attachment 254928
Is that a private plate? Or just sheer luck!? :rofl:

Back