What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted my Inka covers.. despite all the really bad reviews I found after order they came within a couple of days and seem decent:

View attachment 256280
I think when they have covers in stock there’s no problem but when they don’t it’s the frustration of their website saying they are in stock and the lack of an honest reply from their customer service when you query delivery dates

Is that the one that just as you’ve got the screen clean does an extra wipe and smears it again??! :uh run:
That's the one! The old man equivalent of having to give it an extra shake before popping it back in :rofl:

Successful session with VCDS, done!!

Teardrop/Extra shake wipers enabled.
Auto lock above 15kph and unlock on key removal, enabled.
DRL's off when handbrake is on, enabled.
Need sweep on startup, enabled.
Wheel size, set to a perfect reading on the odometer, and the speedometer is now 1/2mph greater than GPS speed at 50mph, and 2mph out at 70mph (68mph GPS speed. MPG is also now showing correctly, 40-45mpg sitting at 65mph for a minute on the instant readout.

I initially used the number 1 coding setting as this matched my tyre size (245/65R17 so 2357mm and 2355mm in the coding), but this gave ACC errors above 50mph, and the DSG box when downshifting for extra oomph was jerking really badly. I also found an error code which said "Unplausible/Unfathomable/Impossible (or words to that effect) reading from ABS sensor" so I guessed it was above what it could read and so the system was getting in a tiz. The odometer was also over reading, a 4.7 mile run was showing as 5 miles on the odometer.

Took it down a setting and it's now absolutely perfect, odometer reading exactly right and speedo a mph or 2 above GPS.

Sorted!!!

I may have a further delve and see what other options I can enable... Alice down the rabbit hole, this could be! :rofl:

Edit: also just enabled the DRL's turning off when the indicator is on, and enabled the option to choose the default distance for the ACC which was missed when mine was added. I pretty much always use the closest setting, I can now pick that so it starts at that rather than the middle one!

Last edited:
That's the one! The old man equivalent of having to give it an extra shake before popping it back in :rofl:

Successful session with VCDS, done!!

Teardrop/Extra shake wipers enabled.
Auto lock above 15kph and unlock on key removal, enabled.
DRL's off when handbrake is on, enabled.
Need sweep on startup, enabled.
Wheel size, set to a perfect reading on the odometer, and the speedometer is now 1/2mph greater than GPS speed at 50mph, and 2mph out at 70mph (68mph GPS speed. MPG is also now showing correctly, 40-45mpg sitting at 65mph for a minute on the instant readout.

I initially used the number 1 coding setting as this matched my tyre size (245/65R17 so 2357mm and 2355mm in the coding), but this gave ACC errors above 50mph, and the DSG box when downshifting for extra oomph was jerking really badly. I also found an error code which said "Unplausible/Unfathomable/Impossible (or words to that effect) reading from ABS sensor" so I guessed it was above what it could read and so the system was getting in a tiz. The odometer was also over reading, a 4.7 mile run was showing as 5 miles on the odometer.

Took it down a setting and it's now absolutely perfect, odometer reading exactly right and speedo a mph or 2 above GPS.

Sorted!!!

I may have a further delve and see what other options I can enable... Alice down the rabbit hole, this could be! :rofl:

Edit: also just enabled the DRL's turning off when the indicator is on, and enabled the option to choose the default distance for the ACC which was missed when mine was added. I pretty much always use the closest setting, I can now pick that so it starts at that rather than the middle one!
Any other VCDS tweaks I should be aware of that are worth enabling?

From a bit of reading, once the big MPH display is enabled by changing the region to AUS you can go back to the small KPH display by way of a couple of MFD tick boxes, right? If so, I'll enable this too!

Foglights on with high beam is also one I'll probably switch on.
I was hoping to find something about setting a timeout for the overhead parking heater display as it currently stays on permanently when the heater is on, and is really bright! But alas, I can't see anything for this.

Any other VCDS tweaks I should be aware of that are worth enabling?

From a bit of reading, once the big MPH display is enabled by changing the region to AUS you can go back to the small KPH display by way of a couple of MFD tick boxes, right? If so, I'll enable this too!

Foglights on with high beam is also one I'll probably switch on.
I was hoping to find something about setting a timeout for the overhead parking heater display as it currently stays on permanently when the heater is on, and is really bright! But alas, I can't see anything for this.
People have said it's useful to disable the seatbelt warning dings, obviously only when driving on private land/campsites.
Also 4 indicator flashes rather than three with lane change indications suits some driving styles!
I'll be more than happy for you to practice the speedo/wheel size 'match up' on my van when we meet, I'm currently doing less miles than I am, if you know what I mean!

People have said it's useful to disable the seatbelt warning dings, obviously only when driving on private land/campsites.
Also 4 indicator flashes rather than three with lane change indications suits some driving styles!
I'll be more than happy for you to practice the speedo/wheel size 'match up' on my van when we meet, I'm currently doing less miles than I am, if you know what I mean!
Will take a look at those, ta!

I do only have the 3-VIN version so probably not going to be able to offer my services about, but I might upgrade at some point.

Neil and Andy at Tamworth Transporters sorting out a new Vamoose rail to hold the Fiamma F45s securely.
Great job, recommended to all West Midland (and beyond) folk.
I really didn't want to drill 8 holes in the van!

View attachment 256349

View attachment 256350

View attachment 256352

View attachment 256353
Looks good mate, I've been thinking about getting a Fiamma awning. I already have the vamoose rail attached. Do the Fiamma brackets attach to the rail only or did they have to drill further holes into the van to attach the bracket?

Cheers

Looks good mate, I've been thinking about getting a Fiamma awning. I already have the vamoose rail attached. Do the Fiamma brackets attach to the rail only or did they have to drill further holes into the van to attach the bracket?

Cheers
More holes @Muckyboots , 2 scary deep ones above the rail, for each bracket. Solid as fcuk now and they dont go under the poptop seal like my old ones did, much betterer! Quite difficult for someone to steal now too.

New Bosch Aerotwin A351S on front (600/600) and 403H on rear (400mm).
Took about 2 minutes to do all three wipers and that included opening the packs.

On every other vehicle I've ever had it would take me upto half hour pissing about with all the bits.
Anyway - don't get any wipers except these - they are the bees bollox.

Fitted a Tentbox xl- the easy way!!

IMG_8296.jpeg
@TallPaul_S you will need one of these too! :D

Back