What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Which fuse did you use in the engine bay?
Sorry for what? I have forgotten how I installed them however if it was an ignition live then I already had various spares I had installed myself triggered from a relay under the pasenger seat feeding to a seperate fuse box above the battery.

Sorry for what? I have forgotten how I installed them however if it was an ignition live then I already had various spares I had installed myself triggered from a relay under the pasenger seat feeding to a seperate fuse box above the battery.

Yeah it was for an ignition live, I have piggy backed on Fuse 17 in the engine bay fuse box, but sounds like you did something different

Thank you. Do you think you could get 6 treads with the bulk head fitted?

On a side note, I run with 5 treads width ways on the back section of my Ovano, I just drop the seat down and they are really easy to get out.

No, there's not much room eiither side of the 4-treads if the bulkhead is up. I used to have a proper bulkhead in which I removed. If you aren't fussed about the bulkhead then you can obviously leave the unistrut longer.

Good shout about behind the Ovano, I hadn't thought of that!

Nik

Washed the mud off the wheel arches & wheels from our last dirt track camping adventure up North.
Tomorrow will wash & hopefully wax the bodywork for our next adventure, heading to Malvern on Friday to Busfest with the T6 fam
IMG_3727.jpeg IMG_3726.jpeg

Made the most of a cloudy and not scorching hot day, and spent 4hrs washing the van...

Bear in mind I did the wheels the other night (hadn't driven anywhere since) so that cuts out about 45 mins...

Citrus pre wash, rinse
Snowfoam, rinse
2 bucket wash, continually spraying down the rest of the van as it was still drying on thanks to the wind
Dry
Full coating of super resin polish - love this stuff. It can't work miracles but it gives a huge increase to gloss, deepening the blacks and hiding a good amount of light swirls, and even filling some of the heavier scratches
Wet the whole van again... :rofl:
Geon Wet Coat on the whole van, windows, solar panel... The beading was good with just the SRP but this takes it to another level. With a new drying towel it took me no time to fully dry the van, so much easier!
Then windows cleaned and wheels dried.

And... Done! o_O

Hopefully, now it's properly protected, it should only need a very quick wash before my euro trip in 2 weeks time.
View attachment 257328
View attachment 257329
View attachment 257330
View attachment 257331

Unfortunately with the roof rack and the sliding windows it drips more than an OAP at the urinal, so I'll be chasing water spots for the a while!! I'm very tempted to buy a blower to dry the van.
What rack is that? rally raids look mint!

Last edited:
Back