What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitcamx dashcam fitted, took about an hour, with most of that being removing the std rear view mirror surround!!

1000010457.jpg
1000010458.jpg

Only issue being my phone which keeps on wanting to connect to any WiFi except the camera WiFi! Once it stays connected though it's fine. Wireless android auto is the main culprit.

Last edited:
20240907_132957.jpg

Prepping the front for an update.

Is it advisable / legal to drive round with the grille off for a week or two whilst it gets painted?

Have acquired a spare main grille but was planning to just leave the lower ones off for a bit.

Last edited:
View attachment 258019

Prepping the front for an update.

Is it advisable / legal to drive round with the grille off for a week or two whilst it gets painted?

Have acquired a spare main grille but was planning to just leave the lower ones off for a bit.
I wouldn’t. Not from a legality perspective but because of potential damage to the van. You are leaving it very exposed to stones and water.

I realise that now having been out there in the dark. To be fair with my 6 Roof lights it’s bright which ever way you look. I need more light in the foot wells now, watch this space…
I decided that rather than using a dimmer, I would use some tint over the covers which would not only dim down the lights (I’ve just checked and it’s must better now) it would help blend the lights into the Ovano board as I was never keen on how much they stuck out.

Really happy with the results (the colour of the CBE is much darker in real life as is the tint).

IMG_2120.jpeg

Comes on with main beam and has a switch to isolate it. Much simpler than the the mad conplicated zombie style switch that came with the harness.
What brand light bar is it? Nice and easy to fit? Would love a light bar on my rack over winter, I've got LEDs but more light is always better!

OSRAM LEDriving Lightbar VX1000-CB SM​

Sorry about the copy-and-paste mess..

It's a "slim" lightbar, the same that Frontrunner use.
I got it, anticipating it would slot into the fairing for the sport line roof rack I got off them, but the T6 fairing doesn't have that feature.

I was going to then make that feature myself, but it's so slim it doesn't stick up much at all.
Because I've got the roof rack, it was easy to mount.
The wring took most of the day because I had to pull apart a ready-made loom and work something out.
It's always a pan to pull off some plastics, but it had to be done!

Man, I couldn't imagine more light! I'm looking forward to some countryside night time :D

I just saw you've got a rack.
I used the T slot system on the first bar
You just need something to bolt to

Broke in….
Hadn’t noticed the ladies side door open sensor not working…. Unlocked, put key on seat and then a beep told me the van had locked itself!

A trip to Screwfix for a “Winbag” and then some careful levering and pumping in the the top corner of the door allowed me to get a cable rod in and, holding the key to the seat with a welding rod, I was able to press the unlock button on the key!

Now to source a 3rd key as the spare (surf key) was in the glove box!

A good few squirts with contact cleaner and judicious wiggling of the door catch got the sensor working again! But I’ll keep checking it now!

Back