What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I need to drop my tank to make my final connection for my diesel heater but my tank is full to the brim.

John.
Sounds like you need to go for a very long drive to empty the tank or put the job off. I've got the smaller tank in my van (70L) and even taking into account of the fact that diesel weighs less than water, that's still quite a weight when full. Remember the 7 Ps.

If you don’t want to drop the tank again why not fit the T Piece to the return line? Literally a 5-10 min job
It must be quicker, cheaper and neater to drop the main fuel tank than add an extra tank.
The internal tank may be set up with a one way demand valve to admit air as fuel is consumed but that won’t allow for thermal expansion.
IMO it’s going to be a PITA re-filling a 4L tank, also if it runs dry the fuel system will need bleeding through.

Sounds like you need to go for a very long drive to empty the tank or put the job off. I've got the smaller tank in my van (70L) and even taking into account of the fact that diesel weighs less than water, that's still quite a weight when full. Remember the 7 Ps.

What are the 7 Ps?

John

I read the thread regarding this T and I thought people started getting issues due to a non return valve in the line and an unknown depth of the return line in the tank ?
Seems ok to me! I’ve had it running all night at 17 degrees and worked like a charm. And it definitely runs until the red fuel light comes on. This is on a 09/2021 T32 Kombi if that helps?

Try reducing the current in the Ecoflow app to 4 volts and see if that works without any issues. (The plug/socket will be much cooler at 4A then 8A.

Thanks @Samro will keep that in mind

I have bought an XT60 plug, a switch and some more wire - going to try wiring it up to another ignition fed fuse via the switch straight into the EcoFlow via the XT60 and do away with their 12v cig lighter cable

Not what I have done personally, but -

Big week for the van (and my wallet!) this week - new EGR valve plus new front and back pipes fitted by my trusted indie on Monday.

Today, drove down to Bognor Motors for them to supply and fit Transporter HQ V2 Black headlights and four Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres, plus Hunter wheel alignment.

Spoke to Simon originally to arrange the work and book it in. On arrival today he took me, my wife and son out for spin in a van with ST-X coilovers fitted, as I was also interested to see what they were like. Despite being on 20” wheels and wound down to the max (which looked great!), we were all amazed at the ride quality and handling - Simon took us on some really varied roads with potholes, speed bumps, round abouts, etc, and the suspension dealt with it all incredibly well.

We were so impressed that on our return I asked if they had time to fit them to our van! Another mechanic was drafted in and all the work was done in the one visit. Fantastic customer service, and really friendly and knowledgeable people - I cannot recommend Bognor Motors enough.

The drive home was like driving a different van - I could actually see where I was going now, and the van handled so differently, soaking up the bumps and so stable on corners or roundabouts. My wife and son both noticed the improved stability and ride quality.

I was thinking I would also need unrated anti-roll bars, but will get used to the improvements for a while now, before deciding whether to go down that road.

Thanks @BognorMotors!

Not what I have done personally, but -

Big week for the van (and my wallet!) this week - new EGR valve plus new front and back pipes fitted by my trusted indie on Monday.

Today, drove down to Bognor Motors for them to supply and fit Transporter HQ V2 Black headlights and four Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres, plus Hunter wheel alignment.

Spoke to Simon originally to arrange the work and book it in. On arrival today he took me, my wife and son out for spin in a van with ST-X coilovers fitted, as I was also interested to see what they were like. Despite being on 20” wheels and wound down to the max (which looked great!), we were all amazed at the ride quality and handling - Simon took us on some really varied roads with potholes, speed bumps, round abouts, etc, and the suspension dealt with it all incredibly well.

We were so impressed that on our return I asked if they had time to fit them to our van! Another mechanic was drafted in and all the work was done in the one visit. Fantastic customer service, and really friendly and knowledgeable people - I cannot recommend Bognor Motors enough.

The drive home was like driving a different van - I could actually see where I was going now, and the van handled so differently, soaking up the bumps and so stable on corners or roundabouts. My wife and son both noticed the improved stability and ride quality.

I was thinking I would also need unrated anti-roll bars, but will get used to the improvements for a while now, before deciding whether to go down that road.

Thanks @BognorMotors!
Thanks for the positive feedback - all of which will be passed onto the staff involved.

Enjoy your transformed van, and Merry Christmas to

Back