What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Test fit of the Tiguan Mk2 r-line seats. Using the awesome brackets from @BiTurbo I bought at Busfest.

Very happy with the seat comfort and horizontal position on the brackets. It’s pushed the drivers seat a bit too high for me though so I need to go back to the Jennings lowered seat base. Glad I hadn’t sold that yet.

Seats also need a good clean but the material is all in good condition just grubby.

One day I’ll refit my b-pillars! Permanent work in progress.

IMG_1255.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

Put some magic stuff on the wheels that I previously bought from a fellow T6F member, to apparently make them easier to clean.
Also fitted dynamic wheel centres, with some sticky sika stuff as they were a little bit loose.
Mrs moomin-j isn’t very happy at the use of her kitchen as a work place, but it’s dark, cold and wet outside, so needs must unfortunately…

IMG_2902.jpeg

Last edited:
Put some magic stuff on the wheels to apparently make them easier to clean.
Also fitted dynamic wheel centres, with some sticky sika stuff as they were a little bit loose.
Mrs moomin-j isn’t very happy at the use of her kitchen as a work place, but it’s cold and wet outside, so needs must unfortunately…

View attachment 215827
Funny that @moomin-j , my Mrs got a bit funny when I put my wheels on the dining table. Fortunately for me she was in NZ at the time....

Put some magic stuff on the wheels to apparently make them easier to clean.
Mrs moomin-j isn’t very happy at the use of her kitchen as a work place, but it’s dark, cold and wet outside, so needs must unfortunately…

View attachment 215827
Are these the Devonport wheels? If so, do you have a link to the circle VW cap and what did you put over the nuts? Cheers

This is high on my list of things to do! My steering wheel sits slightly offset, I want that fixing and to know that everything is going forwards and not in anyway sideways.

Exactly.. I had my coilovers fitted a week or so ago, done about 1000 miles so everything settled now. Wanted the steering straightened and ensure all wheels point the right way to minimise tyre wear.

Worth doing, the Hunter is great, seeing the before and after, live on screen.

4 wheel Hunter alignment today. Best £80 I've spent on the van, transformed the steering.
@Lee540 - Are you lowered at all? Did you ask for "No Load" setting?

A bit of night time reading here:

Nope, just looking now. Its half load.

Lowered about 60mm, before toe was 1 degree, after 0.30.

I used this place since they do a lot of Transporters. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask.

The starter battery died on the way back from France at the weekend, and wasn’t holding a charge any longer. Replaced the original 70Ah EFB+ 700A with a Bosch 80Ah AGM 800A and reprogrammed the battery settings and cleared all the errors with Carista.
IMG_4563.jpeg

Back having it redone now. The garage were very confused and first disagreed with me but we got there in the end.

The misunderstanding on their part was how the parameters of Hunter changed with load vs no load for the T6.

Thanks.

Circle VW cap info:

"Put over the nuts" not sure what you are asking here @steolfc86 ?

Bang on correct @Higgidav[/U
[/QUOTE]

Circle VW cap info:

"Put over the nuts" not sure what you are asking here @steolfc86 ?

Bang on correct @Higgidav
It did cross my mind when I sent the message ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll rephrase. What caps would you put on to the wheel nuts?

Back