Whats The Deal With The Bitdi?

Thank you so much for helping, is there anything I can do to help look after the engine other than servicing it regularly?

Get an oil inspection once a year to see if any metal particles are present as that’s the start of failure. Also make it sure it gets decent runs to get the oil up to temperature and give the exhaust system a blast out

Get an oil inspection once a year to see if any metal particles are present as that’s the start of failure. Also make it sure it gets decent runs to get the oil up to temperature and give the exhaust system a blast out
What revision cooler do you have? If pre-D, you could always pre-emptively upgrade the cooler. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello thanks for the quick reply, can you decode this for me sorry? I'm very new to these. We have the 2.0 Bitdi T32 Bluemotion Euro 5 - 178BHP thank you so much.
The EU5 engine was from the previous generation. ( And has a different engine code)

The cfca was/is from the EU6 generation.

As above the EGR issue related to one specific engine.... The cfca.

Edit:

Or has my brain turned too jelly after a very long day at work and a flat of red, or two... Have I got the detail wrong... To tired too check ATM.

Ahh ok so the Eu5 we have should be clear of it hopefully?
You need to get the engine code to be sure...

It's on the build list.

One the build sticker under the dash.

On the timing belt cover.

And other online places via the reg number.

That looks like, eng code CFCA to me.

Screenshot_20240902_212859_Chrome.jpg

And you have a rev D EGR cooler.

So you should be good. You have a later revision.

Hi, after reading this I thought I had better check my van it is a Sportline t5.1 (I know you are all T6er's) I have had the van from new in 2013 and just checked my EGR cooler it is an "A" suffix. The van has only done 23000 miles (yep really, I very seldom use it)
So the piece of string question is
Should I replace it asap or just keep a very watchful eye on it :oops:
IMG_9581.jpeg

kc

Hi, after reading this I thought I had better check my van it is a Sportline t5.1 (I know you are all T6er's) I have had the van from new in 2013 and just checked my EGR cooler it is an "A" suffix. The van has only done 23000 miles (yep really, I very seldom use it)
So the piece of string question is
Should I replace it asap or just keep a very watchful eye on it :oops:
View attachment 257794

kc
whats your engine code? - look a the sticker under the dash

Could not see the sticker under the dashboard, where under the dash?? but have the data card in the service book

View attachment 257797

kc
you have a CFCA engine.

1725476890581.png

and a REV-A cooler.

that will destroy your engine. !!! - as per the problem with CFCA engines and coolers pre-RevD

as @mmi says. . .

you need to replace that EGR cooler immediately with the newer REV-D or newer version.

if you dont it will destroy you engine.

you have a CFCA engine.

View attachment 257804

and a REV-A cooler.

that will destroy your engine. !!! - as per the problem with CFCA engines and coolers pre-RevD

as @mmi says. . .

you need to replace that EGR cooler immediately with the newer REV-D or newer version.

if you dont it will destroy you engine.

see here:

Evening guys and girls:cool:
I’ve been reading thro all the different posts regarding the numerous issues with the 204 bitdi and decided to dig thro the paperwork I received as well as checking for the sticker under the dash. I’ll attach the pic of the sticker as well as a service/repair report I’ve come across. Please could someone (far more knowledgable than me) has a look and see if I should have any concerns? The van does seem to be using more coolant than I’m comfortable with. ie filling the coolant every 1000 miles. I’ve checked the oil usage (warm engine) and that doesn’t seem to have changed at all:unsure:

IMG_8534.jpeg

IMG_8535.jpeg

Evening guys and girls:cool:
I’ve been reading thro all the different posts regarding the numerous issues with the 204 bitdi and decided to dig thro the paperwork I received as well as checking for the sticker under the dash. I’ll attach the pic of the sticker as well as a service/repair report I’ve come across. Please could someone (far more knowledgable than me) has a look and see if I should have any concerns? The van does seem to be using more coolant than I’m comfortable with. ie filling the coolant every 1000 miles. I’ve checked the oil usage (warm engine) and that doesn’t seem to have changed at all:unsure:

View attachment 258160

View attachment 258161
You have a CXEB engine...

And then cooling system is a closed circuit, there is no need to top anything up.

If you are then you have a leak.... Possibly the EGR cooler. You need to get the van looked at.. they will normally pressure test the coolant system to find the leak.

See more about the CXEB thread... Possible engine wear issues as well.

What's you age and millage.?

Screenshot_20240909_102626_Chrome.jpg

Back