Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We were on pitch 7, we love the site but boy can it get windy. Putting up the awning was interesting but we never felt like it would take off but sleeping in the pop top was noisy so we slept downstairs with the top down. Having looked round I would go for as low a pitch as possible as these seemed best protected. The area is beautiful the walk to the church Inn at Chelmorton was good as was the ale....enjoy!
Noted!
Many thanks
Darryl

Left the van at the campsite in Boyardville, Ile d'Oleron and spent a few hours on the beautiful beach which is about 10 minutes walk away. It's a very large beach and weather is hot but there's hardly any people around (the pictures are from either side of us). The sea is swimmable sans wetsuit even for a complete wimp like me :AJC00034.JPGAJC00040.JPG

Last edited:
Left the van at the campsite in Boyardville, Ile d'Oleron, Brittany and spent a few hours on the beautiful beach which is about 10 minutes walk away. It's a very large beach and weather is hot but there's hardly any people around (the pictures are from either side of us). The sea is swimmable sans wetsuit even for a complete wimp like me :View attachment 160482View attachment 160483
Dog friendly?

Just finishing a week in France.

Portsmouth to Caen with Brittany Ferries, then drive down to Loire near Saumur, and stayed 2 nights at Camping Terre d’Entente - great site.

18557E16-BB36-4FD4-B651-55010EED5A2A.jpeg

EA3FC9D4-2D20-446B-90A6-A42B2B4A4001.jpeg

Then up to Le Mans for 3 nights to catch up with friends to see the 24hr race.

E673F255-5A1B-43CB-8010-4B63F6D25B46.jpeg
136FA921-4946-4DEA-B7EC-9C3C02F93AA7.jpeg

711CF31C-A37B-498D-A27B-72E229FC434C.jpeg

Now at a site very close to Caen on the Normandy coast for a couple of nights. Beach is 30 seconds from the van.

A6290BE6-E72C-45CC-AB9F-219D16957EA1.jpeg
Cracking weather everywhere, and pretty quiet everywhere too, other than LeMans obviously !

Back in the UK tomorow.

Pete

Just finishing a week in France.

Portsmouth to Caen with Brittany Ferries, then drive down to Loire near Saumur, and stayed 2 nights at Camping Terre d’Entente - great site.

View attachment 160614

View attachment 160615

Then up to Le Mans for 3 nights to catch up with friends to see the 24hr race.

View attachment 160616
View attachment 160617

View attachment 160618

Now at a site very close to Caen on the Normandy coast for a couple of nights. Beach is 30 seconds from the van.

View attachment 160619
Cracking weather everywhere, and pretty quiet everywhere too, other than LeMans obviously !

Back in the UK tomorow.

Pete
Saumur is lovely, had some great holidays there when the children came with us. The Tank museum is worth a look too

We should have been on our last site in Salamanca until Thursday followed by a 5 +. hr drive to Cordoba. As we wandered around Salamanca yesterday, which is a lovely city, we decided that with the heat, we didn't want to wander around other towns and to break up the long drive, we drove 2 and a bit hours south to a different site for the next 2 days. We are currently at Camping Cáceres. My wife, not known for slumming it, likes her ensuite facilities. Well on this site, each pitch has its own loo and shower for that pitch's use only. I really know how to treat her! The site also has a pool, which we will be dunking ourselves in soon. It is too damn hot TBH, currently 39 degrees and it is playing havoc with my heart. The Spanish weather folk have heat warnings out. Just getting set up is unpleasant. Luckily 3 nights from Thursday will be in an air conditioned hotel.

I am glad I brought my hard ground pegs. A hammer drill would've been useful too. :cool:
52146204193_c48d5670e8_c.jpgCamping Caceres by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yep, put a few stickers on for LeMans last weekend. There was a T5 in the queue ahead of us with similar.
All coming off at the weekend.

Pete

• Wow
Reactions: Bav
Back