Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Not long ago pitched up at Camping Regio in Salamanca, Spain. We are here for 4 nights. It is currently 36 degrees but luckily drops down to 24 around 2 am. Tomorrow is forecast to be 38. Looking forward to a night cooking ourselves in the tin tent. I wonder what effect my little fans will have. My feeling is, not much, lol. Thank god, when we move on on Thursday to Cordoba, which is even hotter, we are in a Parador.

About to go and explore the bar and the pool!

52141008604_0889e8137e_c.jpgUntitled by Nigel G, on Flickr

Not long ago pitched up at Camping Regio in Salamanca, Spain. We are here for 4 nights. It is currently 36 degrees but luckily drops down to 24 around 2 am. Tomorrow is forecast to be 38. Looking forward to a night cooking ourselves in the tin tent. I wonder what effect my little fans will have. My feeling is, not much, lol. Thank god, when we move on on Thursday to Cordoba, which is even hotter, we are in a Parador.

About to go and explore the bar and the pool!

Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr
Mid to high 30's if bloody hot. Still would have taken that over our last few days we had in woolacombe with the cold, rain and winds. Site looks quiet not many about?

Mid to high 30's if bloody hot. Still would have taken that over our last few days we had in woolacombe with the cold, rain and winds. Site looks quiet not many about?
The part we are is quiet. Probably half full and actually a few Brits here. More than we have seen the past week. Pool area looks very good. Going to try the food in the attached hotel. We really can’t face catching a bus into town nor can we be arsed to sit outside in the heat and eat our own food. Add to that I’ve had a few beers in the bar and a restaurant seems to be the easiest option, lol.

We have just been speaking to a couple who are touring in their MH. They have just left southern Spain where it was 44. They are pleased that it is only mid 30’s here!

Last edited:
We have just been speaking to a couple who are touring in their MH. They have just left southern Spain where it was 44. They are pleased that it is only mid 30’s here!
Well, they must have been in a different part of southern Spain to where I am - here in Nerja it's been 20-30C since we arrived last week. Perhaps they were away from the coast or perhaps they left the thermometer out in the sun. :rofl:

Well, they must have been in a different part of southern Spain to where I am - here in Nerja it's been 20-30C since we arrived last week. Perhaps they were away from the coast or perhaps they left the thermometer out in the sun. :rofl:
Perhaps nearer Cordoba. It is in the 40’s there.

6E44ADDF-1E37-491E-9D11-CA41D9046C71.png

Reactions: Bav
We're booked in there next Monday for 3 nights.
Any recommendation as to best pitches?
Cheers
We were on pitch 7, we love the site but boy can it get windy. Putting up the awning was interesting but we never felt like it would take off but sleeping in the pop top was noisy so we slept downstairs with the top down. Having looked round I would go for as low a pitch as possible as these seemed best protected. The area is beautiful the walk to the church Inn at Chelmorton was good as was the ale....enjoy!

Back