Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Thanks Chris,

Just wondering how what size water container you connect to and what the flow rate / heat is like?

Plus, do you use a shower tray at all?

Cheers!!!

Thanks Chris,

Just wondering how what size water container you connect to and what the flow rate / heat is like?

Plus, do you use a shower tray at all?

Cheers!!!
I have a collapsable 20L bucket off Amazon for ease of storage. Its flat when not in use so hardly takes up any space. (like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Wa...apsible+20l+bucket&qid=1655386239&sr=8-5&th=1)

Flow Rate: I think from memory its 6L/per minute so I get a 3 minute shower out of it (enough to blast out a short track but not a Meat Loaf track) :p

Heat: Absolutely ample, I wouldnt run it at its hottest anyway put it that way

I didnt use a shower tray. Its a good idea as you could catch the water and then empty it outside of the tent but again, it comes down to having something else to store.

I have a collapsable 20L bucket off Amazon for ease of storage. Its flat when not in use so hardly takes up any space.

Flow Rate: I think from memory its 6L/per minute so I get a 3 minute shower out of it (enough to blast out a short track but not a Meat Loaf track) :p

I didnt use a shower tray. Its a good idea as you could catch the water and then empty it outside of the tent but again, it comes down to having something else to store.
Thanks Chris, appreciate the quick reply!

I have a collapsable 20L bucket off Amazon for ease of storage. Its flat when not in use so hardly takes up any space. (like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Water-Bucket-Collapsible-Lightweight/dp/B076TFZSJY/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=collapsible+20l+bucket&qid=1655386239&sr=8-5&th=1)

I floated the idea of standing in the bucket and then recirculating the water. You can guess the response?
We haven’t used our off grid showering option yet

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Not today, but yesterday. Took the van to VW to look at a couple of things I'd identified since purchasing the van back in February. Initially they tried to fob me off with a Golf, having made sure when it was booked in it would have been a Kombi. In the end they presented the Service Manager's Kombi, which is pretty much the exact spec and colour as I'd put together when I was contemplating purchasing new. I have always liked Ascot Grey, and also the powder coated wheels - paired with the black side bars, I think it has a smart appearance without lowering (or at least I don't think it has). Side bars are already on the purchase list, but now powdercoating the Devonports is back on the cards in due course.

tempImageCuLxIk.png

Another day another campsite - this time Camping Seasonova Riva Bella in Ouisterham. We're planning on being here for at least few days to do the D Day stuff but it seems to be quite popular for one nighters on and off the ferries. We did try another campsite yesterday further up the coast but they were fully booked which worried us slightly but there's plenty of room here. Rather than cycle, we took the 5km walk along the canal to Pegasus Bridge earlier - very hot but well worth it. I'm told that this is the original bridge which is now in the grounds of the small (but very good) museum just ip the road from the new bridge.
AJC00065.jpgAJC00103.jpg

Another day another campsite - this time Camping Seasonova Riva Bella in Ouisterham. We're planning on being here for at least few days to do the D Day stuff but it seems to be quite popular for one nighters on and off the ferries. We did try another campsite yesterday further up the coast but they were fully booked which worried us slightly but there's plenty of room here. Rather than cycle, we took the 5km walk along the canal to Pegasus Bridge earlier - very hot but well worth it. I'm told that this is the original bridge which is now in the grounds of the small (but very good) museum just ip the road from the new bridge.
View attachment 161241View attachment 161242
My Father in Law was on the third Glider to land at Pegasus Bridge

Back