Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

My Father in Law was on the third Glider to land at Pegasus Bridge
In that case, I salute him - I've been in some 'situations' in my time in some sh1tty places but I suspect that none of them came close to that.

24F6A26D-A7AD-435E-B0EC-157F028B7056.jpegF95D6F97-7467-41F3-83C3-1BE9666A3330.jpegQuick overnighter just the other side of wendover woods from wendover. Only just down the road from us but a special treat for Father’s Day and a nice little site too. We managed to avoid the rain and walk down through the woods into wendover for a nice pub dinner.

Couple of nights over at the Malvern Hills this weekend. Temp was 32 degrees on Friday, then 12 degrees and raining stair-rods on Saturday. A 20 degree difference in temperature in the space of a day was quite extreme. We made it to the top of the Worcester Beacon (the highest point in the hills) on Saturday despite the weather. The views would have been spectacular if we weren't in (not under!) the rain clouds for most of the hike - still a thoroughly good weekend though.

The Ovano Switch bed/storage system is proving to be a very useful thing.

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

Couple of nights over at the Malvern Hills this weekend. Temp was 32 degrees on Friday, then 12 degrees and raining stair-rods on Saturday. A 20 degree difference in temperature in the space of a day was quite extreme. We made it to the top of the Worcester Beacon (the highest point in the hills) on Saturday despite the weather. The views would have been spectacular if we weren't in (not under!) the rain clouds for most of the hike - still a thoroughly good weekend though.

The Ovano Switch bed/storage system is proving to be a very useful thing.

View attachment 161409

View attachment 161410

View attachment 161411
I'm seriously considering going fixed bed with the Ovano. Is that the LWB, difficult to tell from the photo with the angle.

2nd part of a quick tour around various D Day sites and museums in Normandy. All well worth it but the real highlight was the new(ish) British Normandy Memorial which is a stunning piece of work set in a very fitting and equally stunning location overlooking Sword Beach and where the names of the 22,442 servicemen and women under British command who fell on D-Day and during the Battle of Normandy are recorded.
AJC00158 copy.JPGAJC00169 copy.JPG

Took a walk into Ouisterham again today to visit the Musee No. 4 Commando which is a very small but quite personal and moving museum on the sea front founded by locals in memory of the troops in general but particularly the 177 (I think) Free French members of 4 Commando who landed on Sword Beach at Ouisterham in the early hours of D Day. Some of the founders of the Museum were actually in that group of brave souls and two of them are still around - one will be 100 in August this year and the lady who runs the museum told me that he now actually lives in a house overlooking the spot on the beach where he landed on 6 June. I intend raising a glass to him (and the rest) tonight.
AJC00182 copy.JPG

Starting out on our inaugural road trip with our van. We were supposed to be in Menorca but when BA cancelled our flight home last Wednesday (the 2nd cancellation) we decided to bin the overseas holiday and go on a tour of the UK. We’d planned to go to Bala via the British Ironworks Centre but we left too late in the day for that trip. We’re parked at the Apple Orchard Caravan and Camping Site near Westbury on Severn. We’ll head in the direction of Bala tomorrow.
Our first night sleeping in the van.

ADBFD936-66BD-4229-9A61-97A0C5076AB9.jpeg

F1B00BBE-F23D-404A-8A07-48F8B46EFFC3.jpeg

6924B8AF-FCC4-4758-9A1E-CE9846F041BD.jpeg

C3E72520-C47F-410A-8016-B33656415AE4.png

0F7899BA-3D45-4166-BADA-82024495CEEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Starting out on our inaugural road trip with our van. We were supposed to be in Menorca but when BA cancelled our flight home last Wednesday (the 2nd cancellation) we decided to bin the overseas holiday and go on a tour of the UK. We’d planned to go to Bala via the British Ironworks Centre but we left too late in the day for that trip. We’re parked at the Apple Orchard Caravan and Camping Site near Westbury on Severn. We’ll head in the direction of Bala tomorrow.
Our first night sleeping in the van.

View attachment 161735
Exciting :)

Too fecking hot to go anywhere. :mad: :mad:

I've been waiting since last Thursday to wash the van, it's got half the Sahara baked onto it. The way our house is oriented the sun is on it all day and it's impossible to wash it. :mad: :mad:

Back