Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Too fecking hot to go anywhere. :mad: :mad:

I've been waiting since last Thursday to wash the van, it's got half the Sahara baked onto it. The way our house is oriented the sun is on it all day and it's impossible to wash it. :mad: :mad:
I had to do mine in the evening….while it was cooler yet still light.

We arrived at Chateau du Gandspette near Calais yesterday afternoon to the usual welcome and high standards that we've come to expect over the years. We had to go into Calais this morning and so popped into Auchan for some wine, beer and cider to take home. Pizza and a couple of beers in the site restaurant tonight with an early stack before the train back to Blighty tomorrow. The sun was behind the trees by the time we got to the pitch so this pic was from early this morningAJC00195.jpg.

A road trip north to Llanberis. Parked lakeside and had a little explore. It’s currently roasting, but met office suggests it’s going to tip it down shortly. Time to head back to Bala, where it’s already tipping it down.

D11A961D-E4A2-4195-8E00-C078CAC61943.jpeg

We arrived at Chateau du Gandspette near Calais yesterday afternoon to the usual welcome and high standards that we've come to expect over the years. We had to go into Calais this morning and so popped into Auchan for some wine, beer and cider to take home. Pizza and a couple of beers in the site restaurant tonight with an early stack before the train back to Blighty tomorrow. The sun was behind the trees by the time we got to the pitch so this pic was from early this morningView attachment 162058.
Mate from your posts looks like you've had a brilliant adventure. How has the cost of living effected the continent? Many brits about?

Not where I have been, but where I am going next after we leave our place here in Spain.

We have been looking at campsites for our drive home starting on Sunday, not sure whether I should try this site. They gave it 4 stars. At least there will be no insects but how does that weigh off against too many French?:)

View attachment 161998IMG_3009 by Nigel G, on Flickr

If it's lescala near girona , then it's a great site & area . Really close to good beach too.

It’s a great location. Facilities are minimal, 2 mens toilets/showers and 2 ladies. And they are furthest from the tent/campervan field, next to the statics. But overall yes very nice, there is a gin distillery 5 mins walk away which we may visit tomorrow…

It’s a great location. Facilities are minimal, 2 mens toilets/showers and 2 ladies. And they are furthest from the tent/campervan field, next to the statics. But overall yes very nice, there is a gin distillery 5 mins walk away which we may visit tomorrow…
Their facilities include 2 ladies? Wow - count me in!

EDIT: Sorry Mrs Bav, I meant "count me out"

Back