Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Super rainy morning- mid afternoon here in NI but we went to the Irish Game Fair at Shane’s Castle anyway!!!
Freddie had to “practice” driving the van for 15 mins until the worst of it went off! Michelin Crossclimate 2 SUV tyres made sure we didn’t get stuck on the muddy exit from the parking field! Lots of other T6/6.1s parked up but sadly didn’t meet any of the other owners as we dashed for cover!

3D13E023-F09B-4C84-9170-915D1DC8F7E7.jpeg

The last time we drove around this area of Spain was in 2017 when I retired. We did a European trip in a BMW Z4. We stopped at a vineyard not too far Sitges that does bio organic wine and bought some wine that was left in the boot of the car in hot weather for several days in Venice. The bottles popped in the heat. We decided to make a slight detour today to go back to it. We bought a few more bottles.

52174165022_b1c620e054_c.jpgPares Balta by Nigel G, on Flickr

52175678565_9b6aae52fb_c.jpgVines by Nigel G, on Flickr

The last time we drove around this area of Spain was in 2017 when I retired. We did a European trip in a BMW Z4. We stopped at a vineyard not too far Sitges that does bio organic wine and bought some wine that was left in the boot of the car in hot weather for several days in Venice. The bottles popped in the heat. We decided to make a slight detour today to go back to it. We bought a few more bottles.

View attachment 162565Pares Balta by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 162566Vines by Nigel G, on Flickr
Drink ‘em quick this time ;)

is that the thule wanderway bike rack? if so can you give it an honest review please? i'm looking at purchasing.
Yes, it’s the Wanderway. It’s absolutely fine; we’ll made, secure on the van and fairly easy to use. We’ve only ever had two lightish bikes on it (totalling around 30kg) but it can carry 60kg.
I think I paid about £400.00 for it early last year during a winter sale.
Let me know if need any further info.

I’ve been to Milton Keynes! Not normally that exciting but the van has now had its first MOT and All in check at Brian Currie VW so really pleased. Just now need to wait for the factory warranty to expire tomorrow to set up the all in deal and be set for another few years worry free (hopefully!) driving.

Just spent the weekend at Swiss Farm near Henley on Thames - photo and review here:

We’ve driven 2 hours North to Moffat from Carnforth for dinner with my dad then 2 hours East to Eyemouth to stay on a hard standing pitch with EHU and waste disposal (nothing else). 50 yds from the beach though. Heading a little further south tomorrow.

4E2CE60D-1658-4315-847B-3889F3C85B2A.jpeg

Working our way south slowly. Stopped in Berwick upon Tweed (highest concentration of traffic wardens per 1000 population if anywhere in the world). Walked around the walls, visited a couple of cafes and an excellent secondhand bookshop. We've now driven down to Bamburgh. Fish and chips in Seahouses next before our park up for the night.

Working our way south slowly. Stopped in Berwick upon Tweed (highest concentration of traffic wardens per 1000 population if anywhere in the world). Walked around the walls, visited a couple of cafes and an excellent secondhand bookshop. We've now driven down to Bamburgh. Fish and chips in Seahouses next before our park up for the night.

Neptune's?

Back