Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Is that a factoid, or is that an experienced-based nomination?
A fun factoid.
They hunt in packs. The parking is free in the long stay car park, but if you park on or over the lines you get fined!! They are going around taking photos of all the many vehicles who have not parked precisely and then issuing fines. There is a note on the parking board to say 'park within the lines' but no suggestion they fine any indiscretion. We were just debating whether to move the van as we'd parked next to someone who was over the line so consequently we were too when a couple walked past and said we'd better not leave the van as it was because they’d been fined for exactly the same. ☹️

Neptune's?
Yes. We used to stay in Seahouses years ago when my dad had a mobile home on the site here. We always went to Neptunes for fish and chips. The boys would spend their pocket money in the arcade (which has had a facelift) and the magic shop. The guy in their was brilliant, he’d teach them tricks and they’d buy stuff. He’s not here anymore - likely retired now.

Yes. We used to stay in Seahouses years ago when my dad had a mobile home on the site here. We always went to Neptunes for fish and chips. The boys would spend their pocket money in the arcade (which has had a facelift) and the magic shop. The guy in their was brilliant, he’d teach them tricks and they’d buy stuff. He’s not here anymore - likely retired now.
Love Seahouses, Bamburgh and Alnwick (Berwick not so much) - based in Belford, we had many great camping holidays when the kids were young (tent, not van). Never understood why it's such a sparsely populated area, but glad it is. Not been since lockdown #1, so will need to get my fix soon.

Tonight we’re parked up at Doxford Farm Camping, a lovely little site. There are 5 pitches with EHU, 2 without. It has glamping bell tents and camping pods. The owner is really friendly, the campsite is her business whilst her husband farms the land. Lovely to hear the sound of birdsong rather than seagulls.
Doxford Farm Camping

View attachment 162835
Looks like a lovely spot, will bear it in mind next time we are up there

Love Seahouses, Bamburgh and Alnwick (Berwick not so much) - based in Belford, we had many great camping holidays when the kids were young (tent, not van). Never understood why it's such a sparsely populated area, but glad it is. Not been since lockdown #1, so will need to get my fix soon.
I've got the ideal holiday cottage for you, if you don't want to camp.....

Tonight we’re parked up at Doxford Farm Camping, a lovely little site. There are 5 pitches with EHU, 2 without. It has glamping bell tents and camping pods. The owner is really friendly, the campsite is her business whilst her husband farms the land. Lovely to hear the sound of birdsong rather than seagulls.
Doxford Farm Camping

View attachment 162835
If you're heading south again tomorrow and want to stock up on local produce, there is a fantastic shop next to M&S at the Alnwick retail park. Amazing cheeses from Doddington etc

Might be interested. Can you PM me details?

A fun factoid.
They hunt in packs. The parking is free in the long stay car park, but if you park on or over the lines you get fined!! They are going around taking photos of all the many vehicles who have not parked precisely and then issuing fines. There is a note on the parking board to say 'park within the lines' but no suggestion they fine any indiscretion. We were just debating whether to move the van as we'd parked next to someone who was over the line so consequently we were too when a couple walked past and said we'd better not leave the van as it was because they’d been fined for exactly the same. ☹️
Yep! Pedants grow up to become traffic wardens!

*I’ll get my coat. It’s the one with the parking tickets in the pocket!!!

We arrived at Tremalot in the Dordogne this afternoon and stopping on a site on the banks of The Dordogne. It is a lovely site and as I type now, at midnight, the otters in the river are chirping away. They are incredibly loud. Quite a nice sound.

Friends of ours are renting a house in the area so we have met up with them tonight and we are all off canoeing on The Dordogne tomorrow. Should be fun.

52180738004_7c53e4f8cb_c.jpgTremalot by Nigel G, on Flickr

52180735719_241efd089f_c.jpgTremalot 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

52180487596_2952628fb5_c.jpgTremalot3 by Nigel G, on Flickr

And the worlds largest wasp tried to come in the awning as I was taking the photo!

52180976295_26ee753216_c.jpgTremalot4 by Nigel G, on Flickr

Back