Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We arrived at Tremalot in the Dordogne this afternoon and stopping on a site on the banks of The Dordogne. It is a lovely site and as I type now, at midnight, the otters in the river are chirping away. They are incredibly loud. Quite a nice sound.

Friends of ours are renting a house in the area so we have met up with them tonight and we are all off canoeing on The Dordogne tomorrow. Should be fun.

View attachment 162862Tremalot by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 162863Tremalot 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 162864Tremalot3 by Nigel G, on Flickr

And the worlds largest wasp tried to come in the awning as I was taking the photo!

View attachment 162865Tremalot4 by Nigel G, on Flickr
Looks fabulous. Is that a tent or an awning just not connected?

Also how's the weather in thar region? Our kid is further east and the weather is rather extreme with danger to life storms. Though think he's more worried about hail stones recking his van.

Last edited:
Looks fabulous. Is that a tent or an awning just not connected?

Also how's the weather in thar region? Our kid is further east and the weather is rather extreme with danger to life storms. Though think he's more worried about hail stones recking his van.
It is the awning not attached. We thought we were heading out so didn’t finish it off. As it turned out our friends came to pick us up which was handy.
We drove straight from Spain to here so not been here to experience the weather, I understand though they have had a bit of rain recently. It was hot yesterday and is due to be nice today. It’s the last part of our trip though. We leave here on Thursday and drive to Caen for a night crossing home Thursday night.

This is our view from our pitch this morning from the riverbank in front of the van. Wonderful.

357AD48A-D60F-48D6-AA95-DF3AAF6ECBD4.jpeg

VWVC Trafford Park for a second All-in-one check:

DSC_4918.JPG

Was told I had a gash in the front n/S tyre, no offer to swap it though!

Then Costco

DSC_4919.JPG

And so to Direct Tyres in Stockport, as we are supposed to be going away this morning

DSC_4924.JPG

And just time for some brekkie in the Market Place!

DSC_4925.JPG

@Nige_g. What are those chairs please and how slim are they when folded (any chance of a quick pic)? By coincidence, we're going to our local camping store later today to look for some new ones as we're both fed up with the generic folding things that we've got now. They're super convenient to pack in the van as they just go on the back of the folded bed/rear seat with other stuff and are secured with a couple of bungees but there's no real support in them, especially for the head. Have a good trip home.

@Nige_g. What are those chairs please and how slim are they when folded (any chance of a quick pic)? By coincidence, we're going to our local camping store later today to look for some new ones as we're both fed up with the generic folding things that we've got now. They're super convenient to pack in the van as they just go on the back of the folded bed/rear seat with other stuff and are secured with a couple of bungees but there's no real support in them, especially for the head. Have a good trip home.
These. Folding Reclining Camping Chair

I was going to take photos of them folded up this morning but it was pissing down when we packed up and photos were the last thing on my mind.

Pit stop at C&M where they are prepping the big screens for some car race this weekend… B575F71C-2DAC-47DC-BE30-9E552236433B.jpeg
338c04a3-7c14-435f-a682-e1929b48a2d9-jpeg.163141
en-route to Damperjam…

C7AD66FC-30BC-4538-8EF8-09C0A880F087.jpeg

Just back from a week in Cornwall ….. very mixed bag of weather.

Based ourselves in a nice dog friendly barn conversion just on the outskirts of St Agnes.

Lots of walking and visiting beaches …… Trevaunance Cove, Crantock, Harlyn Bay to name a few.

B2A77CAA-B821-4B63-A092-07D71A54BC84.jpeg

B01CECF0-B631-4B84-AD69-196898BB7973.jpeg

E16E8508-CB51-48CF-BA67-0644C1A38FA8.jpeg

E86A5C19-04A4-4C23-B858-9DF96A7840F5.jpeg

27BAD002-08EF-4B55-9ED4-A158FF89E118.jpeg

Back