Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Sychpwll campsite near Shrewsbury, but in Wales.
Off the beaten track, with basic facilities and no hookup, but the owners keep numbers right down, so loads of space in their meadows.
Great place for kids to run free, and access to the river for kayaks etc.

Pete

60F576F0-640C-4043-9A13-27CE1BB72AEB.jpeg

IMGP6953.JPG
As promised in my post last Monday, I am uploading a photo of the modified T6s that Pepsico/Frito Lay uses in Mexico by the hundreds. This is the same unit I photographed from the balcony of my apartment. Maybe once they are sold by Pepsico, and if a reasonable state and milage, they would make a good camper van.

Last edited:
IMGP6926.jpg

I was traveling since this past Sunday and returned back home just yesterday. This photo was taken on Sunday July 24 in a stop traveling from Durango Mexico to Mazatlán Mexico. This is also a place to have a look at the Baluarte Bicentenario bridge (Baluarte Bridge - Wikipedia) that was the highest suspension bridge in the world between the years 2012 to 2016 (402 mts above the Baluarte River). And sorry there are no camping photos since I use my T6 to travel rather than camping as many of you do. I envy you.

In this photo, bellow right, you can see a Pepsico T6 delivering goods. When I get back home I will post a photo of the complete rig. If they didn't end that battered at the end of their life cycle, they might become a good base to make a good camper van.
Hey. It seems that my photo uploaded with my cellphone didn't get through. Here it is: IMG_20220725_113758341.jpg
Hey! It seems that the photo didn't get though when originally posted on Monday July 25. Most probably due to size. But here it is; the modified Pepsico/Frito Lay T6. This is just one example of hundreds that this company has purchased for their product deliveries. Please look my posted photo above for a better description of it.

View attachment 167194
As promised in my post last Monday, I am uploading a photo of the modified T6s that Pepsico/Frito Lay uses in Mexico by the hundreds. This is the same unit I photographed from the balcony of my apartment. Maybe once they are sold by Pepsico, and if a reasonable state and milage, they would make a good camper van.
Why does the drivers door look home made? Seems like a major customisation over a standard VW commercial cab/box chassis for no reason

Why does the drivers door look home made? Seems like a major customisation over a standard VW commercial cab/box chassis for no reason
Doesn't look that safe. The wing mirror is miles away from where it should be. Where is the seat now positioned, lol? I could imagine the van breaking in two behind the cab!

Reactions: Bav
View attachment 167194
That thing is fugly!

Back