Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

First time on the Eurotunnel

CF632DB2-C9D7-43CD-8433-BB997FD75BBE.jpeg

Quick photo as we passed through France to our first camp at Lac des Settons

6C4F4C2A-29D0-421C-AC68-BB1457A29E0A.jpeg

Then onto Pralognan-La-Vanoise which was absolutely stunning view from the pitch. Amazing little town which great food and an ace waterfall to walk up to.

CFF553D9-C66E-40EE-BB80-0134FC038284.jpeg6AAA070F-084E-4CD3-8175-525336BB98A1.jpeg

In Italy next on a stopover as we head around a few different sites then home via Switzerland, the Black Forest and Belgium

Loving the updates. First time I think I've actually seen anyone stop at campsites.
We had certain places to visit and the campsites just fitted nicely after three without sites on the journey over here. Need to empty the toilet and get water every 3rd day really.
Next 2 or 3 nights will be wild, over some mountain passes in the hope of seeing moose and reindeer in the Rondane National Park.

Loaded up the bikes and headed off to the megaliths in Carnac today. Someone asked before about whether the poptop opens with the VW bike rack and remembered to take a photo showing the clearance too.
224DBC01-A795-40B3-A4C8-2C6B6888ACC3.jpeg
Parked up and had lunch when we arrived (as usual day trips start just after everyone else has lunch)022F7A8E-B5B1-4DC7-AC64-30B36362B0F9.jpegThen we went for a look at the megalith alignments (lots of stones in lines, no one knows why and older than Stonehenge )
BFEBBD86-D80B-454A-9FA8-0F67F56E55DA.jpeg23D1D399-556E-42AF-8694-BC060991907E.jpegB018B4E2-496A-4DFC-9431-4D2328DE8583.jpeg
Nice day out but I’m seriously thinking commercial tourism hasn’t reached this part of France yet, normally I would think that was a great thing but would be nice to get a drink somewhere!!!

We had certain places to visit and the campsites just fitted nicely after three without sites on the journey over here. Need to empty the toilet and get water every 3rd day really.
Next 2 or 3 nights will be wild, over some mountain passes in the hope of seeing moose and reindeer in the Rondane National Park.
Direct me to an earlier post if you’ve already said it but what was the journey from England? What route did you go?

Today we went on the Flam railway then drove up to the Stegastein viewpoint.View attachment 167302
Then drove over the mountains to Laerdal to our site for tonight. Site is nice and flat, right on the edge of the SogneldjordView attachment 167305View attachment 167306View attachment 167307View attachment 167308
So far Norway is stunning.
How much are the sites in Norway @Bigsidavies? ( I know most things are super expensive) Contemplating a trip there next year....Looks stunning btw....

Direct me to an earlier post if you’ve already said it but what was the journey from England? What route did you go?
Tunnel from Folkestone to Calais then motorway Belgium, Netherlands, Germany to Puttgarden. Ferry from Puttgarden to Rodby(Denmark) then straight up to Helsingor and ferry to Helsingborg (Sweden).
Then E6 straight up towards Oslo and left to a place called Drammen.
Then over the mountains to Flam.
Then over the Stegastein Pass to Laerdal which is where we currently are.
Tomorrow we go over the mountains to rejoin the E6 for a short while then over the F27 then F29 which take us through Rondane to Hjerkinn. That’s the next couple of days/nights then up to Trondheim by Thursday evening.

How much are the sites in Norway @Bigsidavies? ( I know most things are super expensive) Contemplating a trip there next year....Looks stunning btw....
Sites aren’t too bad. Flam last night was 350NOK so about £29 and tonight is about £23. That’s both without EHU.
We don’t have any more sites booked now but most seem to be turn up and see and from my research £25 looks about the going rate.
When we’ve finished this crazy trip in a month or so I’ll be happy to pass on what I’ve learned in more detail.
But it is expensive, much more than I thought. Eyewateringly so. Eg boiled ham in the supermarket is £45 per kilo. Many things are about 5 times the uk price.

Why does the drivers door look home made? Seems like a major customisation over a standard VW commercial cab/box chassis for no reason
You are right. It looks homemade but all vans are exactly the same as if made in series. Also, its drivers are always driving slow. Too unsafe for higher speeds?

First time on the Eurotunnel

View attachment 167289

Quick photo as we passed through France to our first camp at Lac des Settons

View attachment 167290

Then onto Pralognan-La-Vanoise which was absolutely stunning view from the pitch. Amazing little town which great food and an ace waterfall to walk up to.

View attachment 167291View attachment 167292

In Italy next on a stopover as we head around a few different sites then home via Switzerland, the Black Forest and Belgium
Vignette stickered up hopefully for Swiss

Back