Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Now arrived further down the Croatian coast at Camping Split Stobrec (as you might guess from the nam it's near Split!). Another typical Croatian / European site. There's a lot of pitches (I think 400 odd) but a lot of them are quite large. The one we're on at the moment is plenty large enough for the van, awning, table and chairs plus a massive disco tent if we were into such things. As all the others, close to a nice beach but no view of it. We got off to a shaky start when we were put onto a very small pitch supposedly for one night until something bigger became available. In the end, we saw some people vacate their pitch and asked reception if it was available for the next week to which they replied yes. We loaded the van again, and settled on said pitch. No sooner had we got everything organised , including putting up the Vango Kela awning in 30 degree heat when we were told that there had been a mistake and we had to move on Saturday. Thankfully, we found another (better) one earlier today (again, saw people drive off) and are now relocated - I've decided that if they say there's been another booking error, they can go forth and multiply as we're staying put. One thing I will say is the Croatian mossies are evil b'stards. I've been well chewed up by them (but, as usual, they've stayed away from the rotten meat aka Mrs AJ). We're now about 1400 miles into the trip and have't decided where to go next yet.
Split Pitch copy.jpg

Last edited:
Now arrived further down the Croatian coast at Camping Split Stobrec (as you might guess from the nam it's near Split!). Another typical Croatian / European site. There's a lot of pitches (I think 400 odd) but a lot of them are quite large. The one we're on at the moment is plenty large enough for the van, awning, table and chairs plus a massive disco tent if we were into such things. As all the others, close to a nice beach but no view of it. We got off to a shaky start when we were put onto a very small pitch supposedly for one night until something bigger became available. In the end, we saw some people vacation there pitch and asked reception if it was available for the next week to which they replied yes. We loaded the van again, and settled on said pitch. No sooner had we got everything organised , including putting up the Vango Kela awning in 30 degree heat when we were told that there had been a mistake and we had to move on Saturday. Thankfully, we found another (better) one earlier today (again, saw people drive off) and are now relocated - I've decided that if they say there's been another booking error, they can go forth and multiply as we're staying put. One thing I will say is the Croatian mossies are evil b'stards. I've been well chewed up by them (but, as usual, they've stayed away from the rotten meat aka Mrs AJ). We're now about 1300 miles into the trip and have't decided where to go next yet.
View attachment 172565
What's the price per night? Cheers.

@True Romance . TBH don’t know as you pay when you leave here. That did tell me when we booked in but it went in one ear and out the other! I would guess €20-25 with Camping Card but I’ll post after paying the bill.

Bazinval, Normandy.....Little municipal site with brilliant facilities for just 8.80 euros per night without electricity.
Next stop will be Château du Gandspette for 2 night before our crossing

20220917_155257.jpg

20220917_161126.jpg

20220917_170415.jpg

Last edited:
Back