Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Good weekend camping (I know it’s Tuesday, but spent yesterday watching Queenie when we got back, bless her).

Nice informal site south of Oxford with no EHU, but good facilities and hot showers. One man and his dog, and an old mate who joined us. Nice campfire on both nights, and a good long walk on Saturday (pooch was buckled afterwards).

8CD51FBF-5B82-415C-818C-B17ED5180D6C.jpeg

55287187-CB93-4E21-8968-1CCAA5314626.jpeg

251B9772-0051-41AB-8122-4866B3269F62.jpeg34E3BE95-0E30-4624-BCA5-6447B8FDA8FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Good weekend camping (I know it’s Tuesday, but spent yesterday watching Queenie when we got back, bless her).

Nice informal site south of Oxford with no EHU, but good facilities and hot showers. One man and his dog, and an old mate who joined us. Nice campfire on both nights, and a good long walk on Saturday (pooch was buckled afterwards).

View attachment 173178

View attachment 173179

View attachment 173180
Jimbob ….is that a Berghaus Air shelter set up?. How do you find it if it is?

Jimbob ….is that a Berghaus Air shelter set up?. How do you find it if it is?
It is mate. It’s a good bit of kit. One inflation point for the air frame, it’s up in minutes and down quickly too. I’ll be honest, I’ve been a bit shy of drilling holes in the van to fit an awning rail, so got this to see if I actually needed an awning attached to the vehicle. My conclusion after about 8 weekends away this Spring/Summer/Autumn - I don’t need an attached awning. Van for sleeping in, air shelter as a lounge/dry/shade area. Got myself a 3m square breathable groundsheet for it as well. That’s all I need pal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrD
Couldn’t post yesterday as I had no internet.
Stayed where I’d parked on Sunday night as I had internet and wanted to watch the funeral. Then did the short drive to Kirroghtree Visitor Centre and went for a 3.5 mile walk with the dog through the forest. After the walk we drove back up the A712 and found a brilliant park up virtually underneath Murrays Monument. Zoom in on the picture and see if you can spot the van.
How the hell they got all that granite to the top of that hill in 1835 God only knows.

D1A70869-FC0A-4918-9987-1DBED6E2333C.jpeg

6D3714FD-53D2-431A-89D5-7ACAD7F2A46A.jpeg

C41EA22B-F6E2-4591-B2BE-55B7D54E6D69.jpeg

Left there this morning and started heading north, stopped for a walk along the beach in Ayr and now currently parked up by the side of Loch Cluanie. Will be heading over to Skye tomorrow.

It is mate. It’s a good bit of kit. One inflation point for the air frame, it’s up in minutes and down quickly too. I’ll be honest, I’ve been a bit shy of drilling holes in the van to fit an awning rail, so got this to see if I actually needed an awning attached to the vehicle. My conclusion after about 8 weekends away this Spring/Summer/Autumn - I don’t need an attached awning. Van for sleeping in, air shelter as a lounge/dry/shade area. Got myself a 3m square breathable groundsheet for it as well. That’s all I need pal. :thumbsup:
Exactly my thought process too in fairness. Long to put up or simples as it looks?

@True Romance . TBH don’t know as you pay when you leave here. They did tell me when we booked in but it went in one ear and out the other! I would guess €20-25 with Camping Card but I’ll post after paying the bill.
@True Romance - We're leaving tomorrow and therefore paid the bill earlier today. The answer to your question is £19.57 per night at todays Kuna/£ rate and with Camping Card discount which I reckon is an absolute bargain. This is the place Camping Stobreč Split - The best middle sized campsite in Croatia

Parked up at the Lagganbeg Caravan And Camping Park, Mill Loan, Gartocharn, Alexandria, G83 8NQ, Scotland.
Driven 6.5 hours from Swindon to get here. Less than 20 minutes from The Ply Guys tomorrow morning where they’ll be fitting out the back of our Kombi to make it into a ‘proper camper’.

@True Romance - We're leaving tomorrow and therefore paid the bill earlier today. The answer to your question is £19.57 per night at todays Kuna/£ rate and with Camping Card discount which I reckon is an absolute bargain. This is the place Camping Stobreč Split - The best middle sized campsite in Croatia
We went to the restaurant there for my birthday when staying in a villa nearby. I didn’t like the sea round there, it was more river than sea and some dubious floaters in the water too! :confused:

Parked up at the Lagganbeg Caravan And Camping Park, Mill Loan, Gartocharn, Alexandria, G83 8NQ, Scotland.
Driven 6.5 hours from Swindon to get here. Less than 20 minutes from The Ply Guys tomorrow morning where they’ll be fitting out the back of our Kombi to make it into a ‘proper camper’.
They look good, didn’t even know they were there, just a few miles from me

Back