Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Still at Camping Selce Croatia but it's getting dark (at 1600 local time) and there's a lot of rain forecast for the next couple of days so the Railsail has been deployed.
AJC00414.jpg
Despite what I said in my last post, on closer inspection, I now realise that the shower / toilet blocks are in a right state. They're obviously very recent (I suspect last winter in preparation for this season) but they either used very cheap and crappy contractors or very cheap and crappy fixtures and fittings (and cheap and crappy domestic stuff at that), or both as everything is falling apart. Of the three shower cubicles in the new block near our pitch, only one shower rail has survived and only one cubicle seat. All the toilet seats are loose and one of the toilets is not fixed properly to the floor. Taps are loose in the wash basins. My Mrs reckons the ladies are not much better. We're now getting towards the end of the season (another couple of weeks I think) and I wouldn't be surprised to find that the whole lot has been replaced by the time they next open. Having said all that, I'd still recommend the place because of it's location and the fact that some of the other sanitary blocks are in much better condition.

We’ve booked into The Ahotel in Ljubjiana (capital of Slovenia) for a couple of nights. The plan is to explore the city tomorrow and I just hope the weather Improves as it’s peeing down at the moment. First time kipping in a proper bed in 3 weeks.

Today we're continuing the homeward journey and are camped at Campingplatz und Ferienhaus Hofbauer in Prien am Chiemsee, Germany - very near the lake and although we can't quite see it, we can hear the whistles from the pleasure boats that ply their trade on it. That said, we do have a mountain view if the clouds go high enough. The site is quite small and there's a lot of permanent caravans parked up. Good facilities but no on-site restaurant although there are some very close by. Oh and it's started peeing down again (but that's Bavaria for you!).
AJC00499.jpg

PS. And it was bleeding cold outside the van last night so extra layers went on the bed. The light changed for the better after the rain stopped and you could see snow on the tops.

Back