Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

After 250 odd mostly autobahn miles, almost all in the rain we have reached another German site - this one is Hohen-Camping, Langenbrand on the edge of the Black Forest. TBH, there's not a lot to write home about - it's mostly occupied by empty permanently fixed caravans. It's actually near the centre of a town which at 1600 hrs was deathly quiet and we couldn't even see a bar or restaurant open in the place. My Mrs called it a one horse town but I reckon it's more a one fly town. At least there's clean showers, even if they do cost another 50 cents on top of the high end ACSI rate of €26 (and I've been warned not to use more than 4Kw of hook up juice but I don't think they've got it metered like the one yesterday. It's also cold again but hopefully that might improve once we get to France. Tomorrow, I'm looking to visit a memorial not too far from here to some boys from my school who were killed in a blizzard whilst on a hike in the forest in 1936.
Hohen.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!
What a transformation that is.
Driving home as an absolute joy.
Didn't feel like I was on the Dover to Calais ferry.
What a legend Steve and the crew are.
All done and dusted in just over an hour.
Front dropped 70mm and rear 40mm.

DSC_5142.JPG

DSC_5143.JPG

DSC_5145.JPG

Continuing the homeward journey, we're back at Chateau de Gandspette (Eperlecques) via Camping au bord de l'Aisne (Guigncourt) - I've posted pictures of both already on this trip (from the outward journey) and the former in particular is well known to a lot of forum members so I won't bother again. Suffice to say that both are good and while the site at Guigncourt was very busy, they have now closed the on-site restaurant for the season which forced us to go to the local bistro which proved to be an excellent move (very nice steaks and an excellent 8.5% beer) so I doubt we will ever eat in the site place again. Gandspette is very quiet and we anticipated that the bar would be closed so will self cater tonight. The weather forecast isn't brilliant for the next few days so we've booked an earlier train home tomorrow. After lovely quiet french roads, I'm not looking forward to Folkestone to Gloucestershire tomorrow.

Last edited:
After a couple of weekends allotmenteering, we're back out and just down the road to Leek C&CC.

Pelted down on the way but stopped just as we pulled in :mexican wave:

On the narrowest hard standing pitch I have ever seen!

View attachment 174404
Looks more like a path than a pitch!

Btw, Leek - is that where the VW sliding windows are made? :whistle:

Back