Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

20230819_144022.JPG
Bit of a roadtrip up the west coast this weekend so spent the day at Windermere.

Went to Haverthwaite and took the steam train down to Lakeside and then the steamers out on to the lake and back again.

I really like the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway and the station cafe is one of my non-service station stops.

Today the station car park crew were busy playing vehicle Jenga but did manage to find us a spot, thank goodness as having got the younguns into the station car park and in sight of the steam engine having to change plans would have caused... anguish in the back. But £2.50 to park for the day is the cheapest you'll get.

Sorry no pictures of the train, was busy having lunch on the way out and on a mission to not miss the last service on the way back :whistle:

20230819_150031.JPG20230819_160015.JPG20230819_161024.JPG

Rambouillet outside Paris. We have been here since Friday and are setting off this evening on Paris Brest Paris a 750mile bike ride, aiming to finish on Thursday morning. I am rider number S112 if you cycle and are interested in following my progress.IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_4205.jpegCawfield quarry, Hadrian’s wall. Nice coffee van in car park (also nice T6 van if you zoom in centre of photo ;) )

Then went on to Housestead Fort but walked around it and didn’t pay to go in.

Then on to twice brewed inn and tried some on their beers before visiting the shop (see what are you drinking thread later:thumbsup:)

aaaah that's ace!! love that.
we still meet up with Bonnie's litter, it's beautiful to see them all (8 of them) running around together (though not sure everyone else feels the same!)

aaaah that's ace!! love that.
we still meet up with Bonnie's litter, it's beautiful to see them all (8 of them) running around together (though not sure everyone else feels the same!)
Haha yea. As long as they don’t take anyone out, it’s a lovely sight!

Off here tomorrow for a week. Looks stunning. Anyone been?

Back