Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

In Austria! It’s a bit hot. Luckily for this leg we are staying in a house!

View attachment 210447View attachment 210449
It is actually quite unbearable. We were 41 today too. Really don’t want to do anything. I’m sweating my bollocks off even now at 2215 and it is still around 30. We have been bitten to death by mozzies too, to top it off!

The internal van temp at 2230 is 36!

Last edited:
I’m so glad so are staying in Northumberland and it’s getting a bit chilly now so we’ll have to move in in a minute. So sorry that you are stuck in such a harsh climate.
Whereabouts are you in Northumberland @cgtmiles? We're currently stopping in @Sackmycook's rental cottage in Doddington, nr Wooler.

It is actually quite unbearable. We were 41 today too. Really don’t want to do anything. I’m sweating my bollocks off even now at 2215 and it is still around 30. We have been bitten to death by mozzies too, to top it off!

We bought a €15 slip n slide from the local market great investment! In the house it’s 26 degrees at night still hot but can sleep!

All our plans have been cancelled to just chill at the house, too hot today and tomorrow to do anything else!

On my 2nd tube of hydrocortisone treating all the bites!

For those suffering from mosquito bites .... we use this on the boat and in the van .... it really does provide instant relief if you can stand the few seconds of a burning sensation.

Set up in the Langstone Manor Holiday park just outside of Tavistock for 3 nights. Facilities look modern and hardstanding pitches are big and level. Time for some Tor walks

after 3 nights i have to say this campsite is really good. A short walk up the lanes on your on the moor, a 10 min drive and you are in Tavistock. There is an onsite Restaurant and small shop, Pods if you want a group gathering. Defo on my return to visit list. Unlike move horrendous Devon lanes this site is reasonably accessible with most of the access wide enough. 4g signal poor but site has paid wifi.

IMG_4235.jpeg

Last edited:
We left Avignon this morning en route to Spain and our house as we really weren’t enjoying being there.The temperature was a consistent 39-41 as we drove from France to Spain so decided not to book a night on any site. We are now in an air conditioned hotel in Girona. A bit cooler here at 38 degrees. Wife is happier (and TBH so am I).
We will arrive at our place tomorrow and we’ll probably head off away from there for overnighters when the heatwave passes next week.

There are signs on the overhead gantries in France telling us that there is a heatwave and to rehydrate. No shit Sherlock.

Sounds like my idea of hell on earth, i don't like it when the mercury passes 20. :think smile bounce:

Travelled 4hrs North to Camping La Vallée des Vignes 40mins South of Angers 20mins from Loir River. Still 35c, moving North tomorrow for cooler weather.
Visiting the Bioparc de Doué-la-Fontaine prior to moving on up. Going to see if I can leave the kids in the monkey sanctuary for a quieter drive back :)

Travelled 4hrs North to Camping La Vallée des Vignes 40mins South of Angers 20mins from Loir River. Still 35c, moving North tomorrow for cooler weather.
Visiting the Bioparc de Doué-la-Fontaine prior to moving on up. Going to see if I can leave the kids in the monkey sanctuary for a quieter travel back :)

Although my temp office in the converted lofty has aircon the world outside doesn’t.

Finished early and took family for a cool down.

Piestany in Slovakia. Full tank for my solo journey home tomorrow evening.

IMG_8123.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpegIMG_8116.jpeg

How do you get on for special fuels over there? I've never put supermarket fuels in mine! Do they sell 'the good stuff'? I would hate to miss out on my BP points, I've got £11.75's worth of credit after 7 months ownership!

How do you get on for special fuels over there? I've never put supermarket fuels in mine! Do they sell 'the good stuff'? I would hate to miss out on my BP points, I've got £11.75's worth of credit after 7 months ownership!
Plenty of special fuels etc in every station. Can’t say I’ve seen a Bp station in my travels - some Shell around and lots of European brands etc

Rambouillet outside Paris. We have been here since Friday and are setting off this evening on Paris Brest Paris a 750mile bike ride, aiming to finish on Thursday morning. I am rider number S112 if you cycle and are interested in following my progress.View attachment 210325
I was planning to do it this year but family crap overtook my training. 2027 then…

Good luck. A mate is struggling 750km in currently

Back