Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We're starting the trek back from Zadar on Monday, planning on going via Como and Switzerland as we have a Swiss vignette anyway and Mrs B doesn't like tunnels. Aim to reach Cherbourg for Thursday 18:00 ferry to Poole.
Slight change of plan, stopped at Verona at 17:00 after leaving zadar at 08:15. After an overnight stay at Verona we left at 08:00 and went via the simplon pass, Lausanne and now at Saint-Laurent-en-Grandvaux, just into France. Arrived at 17:00. The traffic from Verona to Brescia and Milan was terrible! Loads of roadworks on the way up the simplon pass but stunning views. Switzerland motorways were easy driving.
Plan on staying at Vendome tomorrow before the final push to Cherbourg.

I began my solo (my wife flew home on 9th Sep) drive back from Spain on Monday morning (we had been at our house rather than camp, certainly after our aborted stay in France). Stayed Monday night at a basic site in Blanes, Girona. Tried to book last night onto Camping Du Lac Kir in Dijon last night but they don't take bookings for within 72 hrs of the stay. They told me to turn up on the day. I did and they were full!. Stayed in a shit ibis hotel instead quite away from the city. Now I have just arrived at Camping Kockelscheuer in Luxembourg. here for a number of reasons. I have never been to Luxembourg, it was a route to take to Rotterdam for the ferry on Friday, it is just outside of the city and there is frequent free public transport and I quite liked the name, lol.

53201232545_24d2b9d9a4_c.jpgIMG_7096 by Nigel G, on Flickr

Just logged on to the free wifi. How do they know what I maybe doing later!! :oops:

53201232250_67c746764d_c.jpgIMG_7097 by Nigel G, on Flickr

Slight change of plan, stopped at Verona at 17:00 after leaving zadar at 08:15. After an overnight stay at Verona we left at 08:00 and went via the simplon pass, Lausanne and now at Saint-Laurent-en-Grandvaux, just into France. Arrived at 17:00. The traffic from Verona to Brescia and Milan was terrible! Loads of roadworks on the way up the simplon pass but stunning views. Switzerland motorways were easy driving.

Arrived at Vendome. Ferry tomorrow.

IMG_20230920_200140.jpg

Final day in North Wales today with a walk around Llyn (Lake) Idwal which i would highly recommend.
We also had the fun of the R.A.F carrying out low altitude flying manoeuvres through the valley but I couldn’t get my phone out of my pocket quick enough to get what would have been some pretty spectacular Top Gun shots

IMG_1262.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

Final day in North Wales today with a walk around Llyn (Lake) Idwal which i would highly recommend.
We also had the fun of the R.A.F carrying out low altitude flying manoeuvres through the valley but I couldn’t get my phone out of my pocket quick enough to get what would have been some pretty spectacular Top Gun shots
I was up that way the other week. Met up with a mate and had an overnight in Llanrwst car park after sampling the local brew. :D
Snapseed.jpeg

IMG_5629.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Back