Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Yeh I’ve just had it for my dinner

I parked here as it really was a flying visit. There quite a few overnight campers of the motorhome variety here and chatted to a couple who said was very flexible and pretty cheap to park £4 for 10am-5pm.

View attachment 214042
One that I use is the Wharfage Car Park, there are a couple of nice benches down by the Museum that you can have tea at and view the bridge. I generally only park there end of the day though not during charging hours.

Only issue is that the loos close early. It's less of an issue for us as due to one of the younguns autism we have a RADAR key, but if you don't it's something to be aware before filling the tanks with tea so to speak!

After Busfest we headed west to Fishguard and crossed to Rosslare. We are currently doing a bit of a tourist trail on the Ring of Kerry. Tonight the stop is Mannix Point campsite near Cahersiveen. A nice campsite. Whilst in Ireland we have used some other sites and two formal Aires. The weather has been great today but Thursday was very wet!

It’s probably well known that prices here in Ireland are significantly above the UK mainland, perhaps 10 to 20%. A couple from Germany reckoned it was 30% more expensive than at home for them. So it’s well worth a visit here but don’t expect any bargains!IMG_0600.jpeg

After Busfest we headed west to Fishguard and crossed to Rosslare. We are currently doing a bit of a tourist trail on the Ring of Kerry. Tonight the stop is Mannix Point campsite near Cahersiveen. A nice campsite. Whilst in Ireland we have used some other sites and two formal Aires. The weather has been great today but Thursday was very wet!

It’s probably well known that prices here in Ireland are significantly above the UK mainland, perhaps 10 to 20%. A couple from Germany reckoned it was 30% more expensive than at home for them. So it’s well worth a visit here but don’t expect any bargains!View attachment 214062
Did the ring of Kerry a few years back, got woken up one night by the Irish woman on the pitch next to us shouting she couldn’t find her miller, from the panic in her voice it sounded like a child had gone missing, turns out she’d misplaced her lager stash :rolleyes:

PS. After booking and paying for the ferry, we discovered that the Gotthard Tunnel was closed and we now need an alternate route back to France - first thought is Bari to the Frejus Tunnel and into France around Lyon but any other suggestions appreciated.
@keith baker. Thanks for the response. Anybody else got a suggestion for an alternative route?

Local site seeing somewhere just down the road that I’ve driven past numerous times and if you’ve driven to Dover along m20/a20 you’ve passed it too.

Grand shaft.

Triple overlapping staircase from napoleonic times designed to get troops from the top to the bottom in triple quick time. Never used times of war.

I’ve badly drawn a red box round where it is carved inside the hillside.
IMG_8780.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg

IMG_8775.jpeg

IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8774.jpeg

IMG_8773.jpeg

IMG_8758.jpeg

Local site seeing somewhere just down the road that I’ve driven past numerous times and if you’ve driven to Dover along m20/a20 you’ve passed it too.

Grand shaft.

Triple overlapping staircase from napoleonic times designed to get troops from the top to the bottom in triple quick time. Never used times of war.

View attachment 214116

View attachment 214117

View attachment 214118

View attachment 214122

View attachment 214119

View attachment 214120

View attachment 214121
Added that to the list of things to see, ta

Grand shaft.

View attachment 214116

View attachment 214117

View attachment 214118

View attachment 214122

View attachment 214119

View attachment 214120

View attachment 214121
I've seen that shaft used as a location in a history of science documentary and never managed to work out what or where it was, excellent :thumbsup:

We visited Honfleur last summer. It was sunny and warm. Lovely town with nice buildings.

Hope you go to see some of it in nicer weather.
To be fair we had looked round the town before the rain, can't complain about the weather as its been really good. Have really suffered with insect bites at the last site, pitch was near a stream and the vegetation was overdue a haircut.

Back