Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Is that your video walking from the site into the main town / city as thats the site we are staying on in two days time
From the site to the canal bridge in video is about 20min walk. Follow main road past Lidl. Easy flat walk. We were pleasantly surprised by the site. Bit rammed in on some pitches but was very quiet and toilet/showers were great.

Enjoy your trip.

After leaving La Bien Assisse (Guines, near Calais) on Monday morning, we drove to Huttopia Camping Rambouillet for Tuesday, Camping Les Ondines, Soillac on the Dordogne for Wednesday and are now at Camping De La Cite close to the walls of Carcassonne. It's rained every night whilst we were asleep but the days have been clear and the closer we're getting to the South of France, the warmer it's getting - current temperature in Carcassonne is in the early 30s and it's a bit overcast with a few spits of rain chucked in for good measure. TBH, the pitches have all been very similar to most in France and not really worth separate pictures but suffice to say that the sites are all good with excellent facilities (inc. pools that we tend to to use!) and costs for a night ranging €15.50 to €25 (for the current one which is no real surprise given it's proximity to the city). We're debating whether to stay here for a couple of days or press on for the coast - at the moment the coast is winning as we've done the tourist thing in Carcassone a couple of time over the years and the few spits of rain that I mentioned above are forecast to turn into proper wet stuff overnight and tomorrow but we will see how it turns out.

@True Romance. We know that place well, albeit not been there for a few years. For what it's worth, I think a regular bus still runs from just up the road into the main bus station in Bruges. I appreciate that it's quite a nice walk to and from but the bus is actually quite useful when you've got a few strong beers inside you and importantly I think they're also cool with dogs on board.

@Ayjay we are still in Argeles-sur-Mer as the weather has been very consistent with sun and around 25deg. We have a bit of rain forecast early tomorrow and then back to sun on Friday. We have been here much longer than originally planned but the consistency of the weather has been worth it.

@True Romance. We know that place well, albeit not been there for a few years. For what it's worth, I think a regular bus still runs from just up the road into the main bus station in Bruges. I appreciate that it's quite a nice walk to and from but the bus is actually quite useful when you've got a few strong beers inside you and importantly I think they're also cool with dogs on board.
Oh thanks that’s great to know just wrapping up tonight in Luxembourg then off to that site tomorrow
Looking forward to a walk around Bruges
Weather in Luxembourg tonight is great sat outside and had a great time in the old town

@Ayjay we are still in Argeles-sur-Mer as the weather has been very consistent with sun and around 25deg. We have a bit of rain forecast early tomorrow and then back to sun on Friday. We have been here much longer than originally planned but the consistency of the weather has been worth it.
@Higgidav. Thanks for that. We will be heading that way tomorrow morning and was thinking about Saint Cyprien or thereabouts which I think is literally just down the road from you - what site are you in, what's it like and is there much room at the moment??? We want to get somewhere at a decent time tomorrow to get settled in until next week some time.

@Ayjay yes Saint Cyprien is just up the coast. We are on a site called La Sardane. It is very busy and has been full for most of the last week. A few pitches come available each morning but fill quickly. The facilities are good and kept really clean. We like the site as it’s only a few mins walk from the beach and restaurants.

Recommend having a look at the boat trips around the canals as well. It's a bit touristy and they tend to pack the boats but IMHO well worth it to get a feel for the place from the water.
Thanks
Just landed and looks a good set up you drive passed the town and so easy walk
Will look at the boat trips
Lunch first then off to explore
Cheers everyone for the advice
Plenty of Uk vans on the site at the moment
Camping Memling last stop of our 2600km tour
IMG_8442.jpegIMG_8441.jpeg

View attachment 247068
At camping du Futur, near Poitiers France, this place has the best showers and toilets I have ever seen anywhere, lots of Dutch few German’s, Belgian’s, French and us
Umm not sure if there is a thread started but best toilets and facilities I have seen on a site has to be in Austria Otztaler nature camping
Like walking into a five star hotel

Reactions: CAB
Thanks
Just landed and looks a good set up you drive passed the town and so easy walk
Will look at the boat trips
Lunch first then off to explore
Cheers everyone for the advice
Plenty of Uk vans on the site at the moment
Camping Memling last stop of our 2600km tour
View attachment 247125View attachment 247126
Hi Albel, do you mind me asking how compact your screen cover when packed away? I am thinking of ordering one but wondering how easy they are to store away
Cheers
Phill.

Back