Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Now on the Cardigan Camping and Caravan site which I recommend. Last night we had a spectacular sunset and the nearby countryside is great and especially dramatic is the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. Bonus, it’s not raining!

IMG_5065.jpeg

IMG_5076.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick trip to the Star camp site next to Alton Towers. Arrived late Friday evening, set up in 15mins from start to finish. Full day predending I can keep up with the kids in the park on Saturday and a very leisurely get up, pack up and drive home today.
Glad I found this post.. a last minute trip to join some friends at Alton Towers led me to the Star Camp Site.
C&CC venue with decent facilities, stumbling distance to a pub and level gravel pitches.

IMG_7331.jpeg

Further to my post (#10,377) from Avignon last week, we got back to the beach the day before yesterday and are now camped at Camping La Petite Motte in La Grande Motte - it's quite a large site but, having had a walk around, we seem to be the only Brits in the place. It's another typically French site with good facilities (but no pool) and the uncrowded beach is a 700M walk away along paved paths with the town centre (such as it is) and marina about the same distance but along different paths. The site is €22 Camping Card price for the first night but the discount period ended after that and it's €33 full price.
Although it's been consistently sunny and very hot since we got here (and, indeed, since we got to South of France), there's a storm forecast for today so we've deployed both side walls (home made!) on the Debus awning to give a bit more shelter - that said, the rain was forecast to hit around 1300hrs but it's not happened yet although the wind has been increasing over the last few hours.
The beach photos are from yesterday in the sunshine and this morning definitely not in the sunshine.
MottePitch.jpg
MotteBeach01.jpg
MotteBeach02.jpg

Something strangely exciting when a big storm is heading in. Had some amazing shows while travelling around the far east and USA.

Further to my post (#10,377) from Avignon last week, we got back to the beach the day before yesterday and are now camped at Camping La Petite Motte in La Grande Motte - it's quite a large site but, having had a walk around, we seem to be the only Brits in the place. It's another typically French site with good facilities (but no pool) and the uncrowded beach is a 700M walk away along paved paths with the town centre (such as it is) and marina about the same distance but along different paths. The site is €22 Camping Card price for the first night but the discount period ended after that and it's €33 full price.
Although it's been consistently sunny and very hot since we got here (and, indeed, since we got to South of France), there's a storm forecast for today so we've deployed both side walls (home made!) on the Debus awning to give a bit more shelter - that said, the rain was forecast to hit around 1300hrs but it's not happened yet although the wind has been increasing over the last few hours.
The beach photos are from yesterday in the sunshine and this morning definitely not in the sunshine.
View attachment 248469
View attachment 248470
View attachment 248471
La Grande Motte is apparently a swingers paradise !! Just saying ....
We were there for a day in 2022

20220904_125258.jpg

Screenshot_20220904-122441_WhatsApp.jpg

Back