Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

The Quiet Site near Ullswater in the Lake District. Great views, toilets 10/10 and a decent onsite bar. Fairly pricy but you get what you pay for. Currently too hot to take the dog out in the day

View attachment 247728

View attachment 247729
beautiful site that. and a lovely walk to Aria Force (when it's not too hot for the pooch obviously!)
they also have wash rooms with baths! absolute luxury.

La Grande Motte is apparently a swingers paradise !! Just saying ....
We were there for a day in 2022
@Sackmycook. Well I’ve spent a fair bit of time hiding in the bushes with my binoculars and not seen anything. The other problem might be the amount of sand blowing around on the beach in the wind - I reckon it would play hell with the privates. I’ll keep looking and report back.
@Sackmycook - In the end, I stayed hiding in the bushes until about 0300hrs and even took my night vision kit but no luck at all - to paraphrase the immortal Jim Royle 'swingers paradise my aris'. We're moving on to somewhere else on Tuesday (still to be decided) - any other tips appreciated (but enough of the smut or @JOG will steam in before long).

@Sackmycook - In the end, I stayed hiding in the bushes until about 0300hrs and even took my night vision kit but no luck at all - to paraphrase the immortal Jim Royle 'swingers paradise my aris'. We're moving on to somewhere else on Tuesday (still to be decided) - any other tips appreciated (but enough of the smut or @JOG will steam in before long).
I’m disgusted! Think you guys are on the wrong forum!!!!

Having left La Grande Motte yesterday, we're now settled in at Camping Paradis Vallee Du Lot until tomorrow. We arrived yesterday mid-afternoon and after the usual post-arrival cuppa hiked up the steep path from the campsite up to the town of Pujols (apparently about 2Km rising around 200M but seemed more like rising 2Km at the time in sunshine. We had a superb meal of two substantial salads (Mrs AJ went proper veggie but mine had foie gras, smoked duck and fried duck bits in it!) with a couple of beers and a 50cl picket of wine for less that €50 which seemed a bargain after prices further down south. The town is a medieval gem but as a bonus was also nice and quiet. Today we caught the bus for a short (4Km) ride into Villeneuve sur Lot (public and free) which is another lovely and typically French town with some medieval parts and as the name suggest is right on the river. The campsite we're at is also very nice, reasonably small but still with a pool and plenty of well spaced out empty pitches at the moment but I suspect that will change over the next week or to as schools have just broken up, there's a jazz festival later this week and the Tour de France comes through next week. The very sharp eyed might spot that we've got a new storage tent (after 4 years) - the zip on the door of our previous one broke a couple of days ages we dropped into a Decathlon in Montpellier on the way here and picked up a new version of the same tent as, apart from the zip the old one had been excellent.
Pujols.jpg
Pujols Air 1.jpg
Pujols Village.jpg

Having left La Grande Motte yesterday, we're now settled in at Camping Paradis Vallee Du Lot until tomorrow. We arrived yesterday mid-afternoon and after the usual post-arrival cuppa hiked up the steep path from the campsite up to the town of Pujols (apparently about 2Km rising around 200M but seemed more like rising 2Km at the time in sunshine. We had a superb meal of two substantial salads (Mrs AJ went proper veggie but mine had foie gras, smoked duck and fried duck bits in it!) with a couple of beers and a 50cl picket of wine for less that €50 which seemed a bargain after prices further down south. The town is a medieval gem but as a bonus was also nice and quiet. Today we caught the bus for a short (4Km) ride into Villeneuve sur Lot (public and free) which is another lovely and typically French town with some medieval parts and as the name suggest is right on the river. The campsite we're at is also very nice, reasonably small but still with a pool and plenty of well spaced out empty pitches at the moment but I suspect that will change over the next week or to as schools have just broken up, there's a jazz festival later this week and the Tour de France comes through next week. The very sharp eyed might spot that we've got a new storage tent (after 4 years) - the zip on the door of our previous one broke a couple of days ages we dropped into a Decathlon in Montpellier on the way here and picked up a new version of the same tent as, apart from the zip the old one had been excellent.
View attachment 249167
View attachment 249165
View attachment 249166
Sorry must have jinxed you mentioning the tent.

@True Romance. Funnily enough, Mrs AJ heard me say under my breath 'that bleedin' TR's a jonah' (or words to that effect).
@Sackmycook. Thanks but I'll stash that away for the future but we've already decided to carry on to the coast again tomorrow until after the weekend Probably Ile d'Oleron or Noirmoutier (but definitely not Re) depending on what time we get our asses in gear in the morning.

PS. Forgot to say that the site is a genuine bargain at €16 per night ACSI CC price until 7 July (and there's a pool ion that's your thing).

Hi, I saw your door net, did you purchase it and if so from whom?

Many thanks
Amazon copied the idea off another member but opted to add press studs to attach it to the sides and fabric adhesive for the top as the side and top velcro is not strong. The magnetic strip works a treat. Think is was like this one but check the measurements.

it allows me to sleep with the door open when i use the drive away awning. Not yet tested on midges

IMG_6996.png

Back