Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Well that was a waste of time. The car park at Alchmelvich beach is closed for construction. So unless you are booked on the campsite or manage to get a space in the boys car park who charges you £5 for the privilege your not getting to the beach as there’s no parking signs everywhere.
We turned around and will go to clachtoll beach instead.

Having the weekend at Rising Sun Farm at Holmforth as we have some friends coming up staying there in their van.
Only 2 miles from home but it’s great being sat out in the rain under the canopy with a beer and a sandwich.
If I was at home I’d just be in the house moaning about how sh*t summer is.

IMG_6737.jpeg

Having the weekend at Rising Sun Farm at Holmforth as we have some friends coming up staying there in their van.
Only 2 miles from home but it’s great being sat out in the rain under the canopy with a beer and a sandwich.
If I was at home I’d just be in the house moaning about how sh*t summer is.

View attachment 250374
Your outside mat needs the same spray tan our eldest daughter had yesterday!

What make are your chairs Si?
They are Vango from Go Outdoors. Had them a couple of years and they are great.
These look identical but are branded hi gear.
And these look like a posh heated version.

Got a cracking pitch last night.
Just outside Drumbeg.
Had a nice BBQ and the midgies weren’t bad.
Woke up this morning and it was grey and miserable as well as cold.
Dreich is the Scots word.
We’ve had enough and are heading home today.
Currently in Ullapool having lunch.
And it’s still miserable and cold.
What a sh1te summer

IMG_6466.jpeg

Got a cracking pitch last night.
Just outside Drumbeg.
Had a nice BBQ and the midgies weren’t bad.
Woke up this morning and it was grey and miserable as well as cold.
Dreich is the Scots word.
We’ve had enough and are heading home today.
Currently in Ullapool having lunch.
And it’s still miserable and cold.
What a sh1te summer

View attachment 250383
Never tried BBQing midgies. Good to know that they weren't bad!

It's relatively simple with basic but very clean facilities at €17 per night ACSI price
We added a couple of days onto the stay as the weather was so good. Those two days were both out of the ACSI/Camping Card discount period and the price went up to €35 per night which yet again illustrates just what a bargain the Camping Card is at around €20 pa.
We arrived at Camping Les Ports d'Anjou in Durtal yesterday which is a nice quiet site on the banks of the Loire which we've used several times in the last few years as a one night stopover but will have 2 nights this time around. I think the previous site was the last we will see of ACSI discounts but this one is only €22 per night anyway which is a real bargain (IIRC, the ACSI price last year was around €16). The town itself is quite big as small towns go in France with limited dining options but a decent SupereU. That said, we ate very good pizza last night and two Calzone with a couple of large Grimbergens only came to €35 which was another bargain.
Onwards to Caen tomorrow for two night before the leap to the Calais area. Got to find somewhere to watch the football on Sunday as out TV isn't picking up a signal here but that might not be easy as french interest in the tournament has faded for some reason. Before we left Ile d'Oleron yesterday, I actually suggested to my wife in all seriousness that we head for Berlin for a few days but her reply (in equal seriousness) isn't really fit for these pages.
This is the current pitch from the air:Durtal.jpg

On a site on the outskirts of the Brecon beacons for a couple of nights, MTB ride in the mountains tomorrow!1000009605.jpg
1000009606.jpg

£16 a night, grass with no hookup (bah, who needs hookup with a 230Ah battery! Even with no solar currently!), decent facilities, bike wash point, and I think the sheep in the field opposite outnumber the people!

Went to Deal Kent to colect a new Kayak and had fish & chips on the beach.
View attachment 453
20240712_185531.jpg220 miles from South wales to looe Cornwall in tango and cash ( ex rac dsg 150 money pit ) , good points and a couple of need to do for next time , good: got here first attemp last year bmw 320 touring 30 miles in broken rear spring by the time I got home 2 broken springs 8 hours for a 3hr and a bit trip, prob slightly over loaded , hitting 40 mpg with aircon 4 adults 2 dogs and all the luggage and a speedo kept going to 80 just loves 70mph , ran faultlessly all the way after last years outing i was a bit worried, now the need to do, still running rac suspension that need to go better fully loaded but got to go , same with wheels and tyres noise bumpy, couple of bushes need doing , wheel bearings , could do with cruise control , better front seats list is endless that's why it's called tango and cash, but a good first longrrun

View attachment 250418220 miles from South wales to looe Cornwall in tango and cash ( ex rac dsg 150 money pit ) , good points and a couple of need to do for next time , good: got here first attemp last year bmw 320 touring 30 miles in broken rear spring by the time I got home 2 broken springs 8 hours for a 3hr and a bit trip, prob slightly over loaded , hitting 40 mpg with aircon 4 adults 2 dogs and all the luggage and a speedo kept going to 80 just loves 70mph , ran faultlessly all the way after last years outing i was a bit worried, now the need to do, still running rac suspension that need to go better fully loaded but got to go , same with wheels and tyres noise bumpy, couple of bushes need doing , wheel bearings , could do with cruise control , better front seats list is endless that's why it's called tango and cash, but a good first longrrun
You can retro fit cruise control

Whats the site name please TallPaul ?
Pencelli Castle, about 5 miles away from Brecon.

Back