Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Did you dance on the bridge (as per the french song)
No - mainly because I'm quite possibly the worst dancer in the entire world (including Teresa May!). I don't even start to dance until I'm too drunk to even stand up and that's not a pretty nor particularly safe combination.

North Morte Farm, Bargy.

22.50 a night, no hook up. Facilities are bang on.
We stayed last year and agree it was really good. However, while there are some flat areas some of it is really hilly and if you are tied to school holidays it can be hard to find a flat spot!

Will go back though.

@CraigP, @DazS

When you guys stayed at North Morte Farm, presumably you pitched in the camping fields, not the touring area with fully serviced/hardstanding pitches?

We stayed last year and agree it was really good. However, while there are some flat areas some of it is really hilly and if you are tied to school holidays it can be hard to find a flat spot!

Will go back though.
Agreed with that. Camping field is quite hilly, but worth the effort.

There is a dedicated campervan field, "Lundy View" i think it was called, which is marginally better, but the views in my opinion weren't as good as where we found in the camping field.

Pitched up on top off the hills. Still north west Scotland.
We’re off to Achmelvich beach today and know a cracking free camping spot on a beach up and around the coast from there. There’s a huge waterfall 10 mins walk from the pitch at the side of a beach.
Two more nights then we’re heading home on Saturday.
But will heading back up north east coast in a couple weeks for a few days at least fishing on the Helmsdale.IMG_6457.jpegIMG_6459.jpeg

We’re off to Achmelvich beach today and know a cracking free camping spot on a beach up and around the coast from there. There’s a huge waterfall 10 mins walk from the pitch at the side of a beach.
But will heading back up north east coast in a couple weeks for a few days at least fishing on the Helmsdale.View attachment 250249View attachment 250250
Our favourite beach! Apart from the jellyfish! Can't wait to go there again in August...

But will heading back up north east coast in a couple weeks for a few days at least fishing on the Helmsdale.View attachment 250249View attachment 250250
I've been dying to do the NC500 and I had that beach earmarked for one of my stops. Really need to get it ticked off my bucket list

It’s well worth doing the trip.
Our favourite beach was Balnakiel at Durness. But tbh the weather was awful when we got to Achmelvich so we had a walk on the beach in our boot and coats then moved on.
We went to the Highland Games in Durness during our 500 tour, and surprisingly to us our very shy 15 year old daughter was convinced by me into competing in the 100 yard 'sprint'! So proud we were! She just took off her DM's and ran against the competition in her casual gear and bare feet, she won! £6 prize money, she was chuffed to bits! The Scottish fiver is pinned to her bedroom wall with her other Scottish memories.
One of those very rare (for me) proud parent moments!

I've been dying to do the NC500 and I had that beach earmarked for one of my stops. Really need to get it ticked off my bucket list
Here’s a pic from last years trip. When we actually got a summer
IMG_4846.jpeg

Back