Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Hope you like cheese! It's basically a cheese and ham sandwich, covered in cheese, with a bit more cheese on top! :rofl:
Indeed! A ham and cheese toastie+, 2 for a fiver, much cheesiness, served in a nice corrugated cardboard sleeve with greasy fingerprints all over it. Typical French/Birmingham fare sadly, good though, thanks for the idea!

Reactions: CAB
That's me at Camping Bonporteau - Cavalaire for the next 3 nights, drove an arduous 100km - probably the most relaxed 100km I've ever done :rofl: - from Cassis to here.

Had an impromptu T6/6.1 meet up in a layby on the way here...
1000010864.jpg

Campsite spot is shaded so I'll use gas while I'm here, I don't think I'll get a huge amount of solar.
1000010866.jpg
1000010867.jpg
The beach is 500m away (and about 300m down!), it's windy today but even being a Sunday it wasn't that busy! It's a beautiful topaz blue, on the drive I passed about 5 bays, all the same - perfect clear water and the bluest water I've ever seen.
1000010865.jpg

Apparently the pool is at 29 degrees right now, guess where I'm off to! :cool::p

Edit: can confirm the pool is nice and warm :p
1000010869.jpg

Last edited:
385km done today from West of Saint-Tropez, to just north of Gap. The outside temperature hit 29 degrees just inland of the coast, before dropping down to 17 degrees up in the mountains at 1200m altitude!

1000010907.png

Via the red rock area Cap Roux, and my last sight of the Mediterranean
1000010898.jpg
1000010900.jpg

And some mountains
1000010902.jpg

And the gorge du verdon, didn't stop for pics as all the stopping places were busy
1000010904.jpg
1000010905.jpg

I'm now in a free Aire just north of Gap, tomorrow I'll head to Grenoble then hit the autoroutes to around Reims, which should leave just a couple of hours to drive on Friday to Calais.

Last edited:
This morning, just north of Gap. I arrived in the dark so had no idea this was there :cool:

1000010919.jpg

It feels very autumnal here compared to the full on summer I've left just seemingly hours ago... I've had to put socks on for christ sake! And the heated seat went on this morning too! :rofl:

Last edited:
Looks cracking TallPaul :thumbsup: .
We should be going over for a winter tour of france/spain end of the year as always and definitely know what you mean about driving just a few hours and it changing from summer to winter in the blink of an eye .
Its your 'welcome home weather' .

Looks cracking TallPaul :thumbsup: .
We should be going over for a winter tour of france/spain end of the year as always and definitely know what you mean about driving just a few hours and it changing from summer to winter in the blink of an eye .
Its your 'welcome home weather' .
Yep, holiday is very much over now, I'm on the 600km autoroute slog to get most of France done today... :(

713km today, now in another free Aire in Corbeny, north of Reims. 100km or on the twisties from Gap to Grenoble, then the rest on the autoroutes across France.

1000010924.jpg

I'm just over 2hrs from the port of Calais, I need to be checked in by 2pm so that's basically all the driving done now. Phew! Been a long 2 days of driving.

385km done today from West of Saint-Tropez, to just north of Gap. The outside temperature hit 29 degrees just inland of the coast, before dropping down to 17 degrees up in the mountains at 1200m altitude!

View attachment 261267

Via the red rock area Cap Roux, and my last sight of the Mediterranean
View attachment 261268
View attachment 261269

And some mountains
View attachment 261270

And the gorge du verdon, didn't stop for pics as all the stopping places were busy
View attachment 261271
View attachment 261272

I'm now in a free Aire just north of Gap, tomorrow I'll head to Grenoble then hit the autoroutes to around Reims, which should leave just a couple of hours to drive on Friday to Calais.
Did saint -Tropez to Coventry many years ago on a motorcycle in one go ,remembering falling asleep riding .
Not good but fun memories
Hope to do it in the van next year

Did saint -Tropez to Coventry many years ago on a motorcycle in one go ,remembering falling asleep riding .
Not good but fun memories
Hope to do it in the van next year
Yeah it's still a bloody long way, even in the van. And the autoroutes are great but trying to conserve fuel and do 100-110kph on them you feel like you're going so much slower than everything else. And doing 130kph means you cover an extra 30km every hour, which is a lot when you're driving for 6 or 7 hours!

Back to the menders today to get the EGR coolant leak rectified. Had a phone call telling me there is a piece of neoprene tubing (?) that is also showing signs of a coolant leak in the same area, and they won't get a new one in till Monday. Good job I wasn't able to find a campsite pitch for this weekend...

Reactions: CAB
Back