Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Looking at my spare it is a different size. I wonder how long I’ll need to wait for a new tyre, assuming that my wheel is ok and nothing else is buggered.

Looking at my spare it is a different size. I wonder how long I’ll need to wait for a new tyre, assuming that my wheel is ok and nothing else is buggered.
If your circumference of the spare is the same as your sportline alloy then the wheel size doesn’t matter.
If you can see the tyre size on the spare put both tyre sizes into here Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit
tap calculate and see if the circumference is the same.

Their stock system is wrong. They don’t have the tyre and can’t get it until Friday!!

He won’t put the spare on but is putting a used tyre (different size) which is in good condition which he said is ok and safe to do. Putting that on the rear so the same tyres on the drive wheels. Hope I can get a replacement tyre when I am in Spain!

I just Googled Michelin Tyre Stockist Rouen France and according to the map there are a few as you would expect with a French tyre manufacturer in France.

I just Googled Michelin Tyre Stockist Rouen France and according to the map there are a few as you would expect with a French tyre manufacturer in France.
The problem is I have a van with a wheel and no tyre so no way I can move it without another tyre on. They obviously spoke to their suppliers and Friday is as soon as they can get me a tyre. I don’t have Michelin tyres on it anyway, it was only going to be a Michelin as that is what they had (thought) in stock. I’m only passing through here on way to Spain where I will be spending a while so I would imagine I’ll be able to get the correct size tyre there. I could’ve booked myself into a hotel for the night if they’d have sorted it tomorrow but I need to be in Spain by Friday.

I am glad Google translate exists!

Thanks for taking the time to look anyway.

Edit. All well with the wheel. It drives ok so as happy as I can be that nothing untoward has happened mechanically. They didn’t charge me for the used tyre / time either.

Last edited:
Day trip to Cadiz today, forgot to take any photos so sharing this one, parked up opposite me - not sure I would remember I was in that tent if caught short in the night….
2DC03FF0-06A3-4F80-A61F-15F92C60F034.jpeg

Day trip to Cadiz today, forgot to take any photos so sharing this one, parked up opposite me - not sure I would remember I was in that tent if caught short in the night….
Blokes in roof tents keep a bottle with them for that job. Not too sure how women manage. Shewee maybe?

Don't you ever wished you hadn't started something?

Got on the road again yesterday and stopped for the night at an aire in Alançon. I did take some photos but unfortunately can't post them. It all went wrong again!

As I was getting out of the van just after I'd cooked my tea, I got my foot caught in the handle of the portaloo bag as I was stepping out and went arse over tit and just fell out. My iPhone (on which there were photos) was in my hand that went out to break my fall. That is now smashed to bits and not useable. The fall detector on my Apple Watch clearly works as it detected that I had fallen.

I don't have sat nav as such in the van, I normally just use CarPlay. I am travelling alone, so maps aren't that easy. I got a cheap and nasty Android phone for €60 from the service station shop so at least I now have contact with home and can use google maps (although not on Android Auto- not good enough for that).

The service station wouldn't let me use the showers as I wasn't a haulier, so wet wipes it is!

Anyway, heading down to the Pyrenees now, let's hope there isn't a number 3 of f**k ups.

take it easy man, it’s the traveller life… and like me next time you’ll be more organised…
Cheap Tom Tom in the glovebox, power bank, spare phone cables and yes, spare phone.

I have power banks, spare charging cables of various fits, just no satnav or spare phone lol. Funnily enough I was only thinking the other week that perhaps I ought to buy a standalone satnav rather than relying on my phone. Bugger.

I am actually quite organised. I have a print out of stuff I may need and tick off when I pack the van. Obviously the list needs to be bigger!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB

Got on the road again yesterday and stopped for the night at an aire in Alançon. I did take some photos but unfortunately can't post them. It all went wrong again!

As I was getting out of the van just after I'd cooked my tea, I got my foot caught in the handle of the portaloo bag as I was stepping out and went arse over tit and just fell out. My iPhone (on which there were photos) was in my hand that went out to break my fall. That is now smashed to bits and not useable. The fall detector on my Apple Watch clearly works as it detected that I had fallen.

I don't have sat nav as such in the van, I normally just use CarPlay. I am travelling alone, so maps aren't that easy. I got a cheap and nasty Android phone for €60 from the service station shop so at least I now have contact with home and can use google maps (although not on Android Auto- not good enough for that).

The service station wouldn't let me use the showers as I wasn't a haulier, so wet wipes it is!

Anyway, heading down to the Pyrenees now, let's hope there isn't a number 3 of f**k ups.
Jesus, you shouldn’t be allowed out on your own. Hope you’re ok.
Take care on the rest of the trip, you’ll soon have Tony to look after you.

You must be due some good luck now @Nige_g - fingers crossed the rest of your trip is noteworthy for only the right reasons!

Well today has gone ok, lol. Made it to The Pyrenees and using a spot I found on park4night. Quite close to a very windy road so I can't see it being busy during the night. Also next to quite a fast flowing river which sounds pretty good and should help me off to sleep.

Not sure whether it'll be roof up or down, although I don't think I'll have a problem if I don't go stealthy.

I brought some curry, chilli and beef stews that I froze a few weeks ago with me. Last night I had the curry, tonight it will be a beef stew and some French bread but it'll have to be doors closed as this looks like midge city here.

52423326709_22844e04d8_c.jpgPark4night2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

52423563933_824877484c_c.jpgPark4night by Nigel G, on Flickr

Back