Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Currently £1.45/ ltr where we are.
£1.45/ltr more or less everywhere I passed in Pembrokeshire. Since then, heading west on the A40, most places were around £1.50. This morning near Llandridod Wells I saw £1.57. Decided to press on home, and filled my tank back on Merseyside at £1.42

Was anybody involved in a T5/6 camper gathering that drove through Frampton on Severn in Gloucestershire at around 1015 hrs today? I ask as I went to drive from home there to an optician appointment and got stuck behind what seemed to be 20+ of the buggers who were all intent on making me miss it (only joking - I realised that they might an issue trying to get onto the A38 and left the village by the alternative route!). It's only thinking about it now that I realise that I didn't even notice their registrations and they might not even have been Brits.

Reactions: CAB
In Helmsdale for a few days fishing.
Fishing is poor but that’s not stopping us having a great time.
Got good footage of an adder. There’s a nest on the river bank so have to be careful with me best pals the dogs. Screenshot of clip.
Got a couple lobsters from my pal who runs a boat out of the harbour.
Boiled them for 5 mins then threw them on the bbq after I’d cooked everything else. Then put some wood on the THQ BBQ which I’m still impressed with.
It’s keeping the midgies away

IMG_6498.jpegIMG_6499.jpegIMG_6494.jpegIMG_6497.jpegIMG_6503.png
IMG_6504.jpeg

In Helmsdale for a few days fishing.
Fishing is poor but that’s not stopping us having a great time.
Got good footage of an adder. There’s a nest on the river bank so have to be careful with me best pals the dogs. Screenshot of clip.
Got a couple lobsters from my pal who runs a boat out of the harbour.
Boiled them for 5 mins then threw them on the bbq after I’d cooked everything else. Then put some wood on the THQ BBQ which I’m still impressed with.
It’s keeping the midgies away
What's your thought on your wheels? Are they 20"? Looking at those same design wheels. Thanks.

What's your thought on your wheels? Are they 20"? Looking at those same design wheels. Thanks.
I love my wheels and yes they are 20’s and not staggered 275’s all round. Standard suspension and doesn’t rub at all and I think handles pretty well and doesn’t look like it’s on stilts or have a saggy arse.
It also gets me down farm tracks and off grid without ripping my splitter off no problem.

IMG_5146.jpegIMG_5147.jpegArrived at slapton sands C&CC site yesterday. We arrived at 1pm but at the end of a line of people waiting to enter. The staff were fantastic, we had some faffing about starting on a grass pitch which had superb sea views but we had to move as we couldn’t fit the pod on the awning in the allowed space without turning the van which would then mean we were on an slope. They were really helpful and showed us some other pitches and ended up offering us the assistant pitch so we have a fenced off garden. We were supposed to be on a hardstanding pitch anyway but they refunded us the difference to a grass pitch so win win!

Downside was I had to pitch the awning 3 times, once before I’d realised the pod would stick, a second time when I was still hoping it would fit then a third time after we dumped all the gear back in the van and decamped to the other side of the site!

Oh yeah, and I remember now they asked about the size and orientation of my awning when we arrived and I answered 3x3m completely forgetting about the pod so I think this was all my fault! :rolleyes:

Good to hear that site staff sorted you out and haven't already lost the will to live with the start of the manic 6 weeks . :thumbsup:
Theres plenty of people do nothing but moan about wardens but credit where credits due .
I always appreciate anything in customer service where you deal with the general public and know that it isnt always easy to smile while trying to sort problems.

Good to hear that site staff sorted you out and haven't already lost the will to live with the start of the manic 6 weeks . :thumbsup:
Theres plenty of people do nothing but moan about wardens but credit where credits due .
I always appreciate anything in customer service where you deal with the general public and know that it isnt always easy to smile while trying to sort problems.
Totally, the reviews I’d read on the site were that exactly that people moaning that they were really unhelpful too, completely the opposite of our experience yesterday and at a time when they were run off their feet with new arrivals. Also worth noting that we can have this pitch as they are understaffed too!

Totally, the reviews I’d read on the site were that exactly that people moaning that they were really unhelpful too, completely the opposite of our experience yesterday and at a time when they were run off their feet with new arrivals. Also worth noting that we can have this pitch as they are understaffed too!
Sounds like, somewhere along your route, you crossed over into a parallel universe. ;)

Back