Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Does Sunny Brow Farm not have camping? I just looked it up but it appears only to have rather lovely looking cottage style accommodation.
Yeah sorry….AirB’d it with friends so no camping at SB.
We saw a great little site on one of our walks… Tarn Foot Farm Campsite which we have bookmarked for another time.
Around Ambleside there are a few potential overnight lay-bys/ park ups but they are few and far between.
Plenty of T6 wavers during our stay!!

Yeah sorry….AirB’d it with friends so no camping at SB.
We saw a great little site on one of our walks… Tarn Foot Farm Campsite which we have bookmarked for another time.
Around Ambleside there are a few potential overnight lay-bys/ park ups but they are few and far between.
Plenty of T6 wavers during our stay!!

Tarn Foot is very basic but a lovely setting. First stayed there nearly 50 years ago as a nipper!

Edit: just remembered that will have been in our 2-tone brown (both tones!) splitty. If only we had kept that…..

Last edited:
IMG_8182.jpeg
Dale farm campsite, Longstone near Bakewell fantastic spot, less than a mile from the Mondale trail, from the site you can walk over the fields to the Thornbridge brewery tap room, couple of decent pubs in the village, also Mondale head a short walk,
Lots of T6/5’s here this weekend

Got a What 3 Words address for the carpark?
///tribune.goodbye.geek

There's another one just before it on the same road, with even easier access to the beach, but the 2.1m barrier looked a bit more like 2.0 to me and I didn't fancy it!

Didn't notice any no overnight parking signs, but the beach road between Bamburgh & Seahouses, which has plenty of free parking too, does have clear signs, so there may be at these car parks too.

///tribune.goodbye.geek

There's another one just before it on the same road, with even easier access to the beach, but the 2.1m barrier looked a bit more like 2.0 to me and I didn't fancy it!

Didn't notice any no overnight parking signs, but the beach road between Bamburgh & Seahouses, which has plenty of free parking too, does have clear signs, so there may be at these car parks too.
Thank you

Today, a leisurely drive down to the coast just west of Bordeaux
PXL_20240916_161211021.jpg
PXL_20240916_162938273.jpg
1000010569.jpg
PXL_20240916_163142504.MP.jpg

Stopped at some racing circuit for a couple of pics, I think they hold a big race here once a year... :rofl:
PXL_20240916_085930364.jpg
PXL_20240916_085859040.jpg

Passed a car transporter on the way, with what must have been many, many millions of ££ worth on the back - mostly 60's classics - Jag E type convertible, Porche 356, Mustang, early 911, oh and a modern Aston Martin!!
20240916144309_0000913.JPG

Must remember than my dashcam is very, very wide angle!

That's 925km done in France since yesterday evening, and a big chunk of the miles to get to the SW out the way. My next stop, Biarritz/Hossegor, is about 2-3hrs /180km away so an easy afternoons drive, rather than 5 or 6 hours.

Last edited:
Having set sail on the ferry from Patras New Port at about 1800 hrs yesterday, we're probably about 70% of the way to Ancona by now. Saw our first UK registered car since arriving in Greece 3 weeks ago which pulled up behind us a couple of minutes after we arrived and that was quickly followed by two UK lorries. The ferry itself is pretty big but being what I think is the oldest in the Superfast fleet is getting a bit tired (including our 'Deluxe' cabin which is very clean but a bit tatty).Patras1.jpgPort2.jpg

View attachment 259197
Dale farm campsite, Longstone near Bakewell fantastic spot, less than a mile from the Mondale trail, from the site you can walk over the fields to the Thornbridge brewery tap room, couple of decent pubs in the village, also Mondale head a short walk,
Lots of T6/5’s here this weekend
I'm booked just down the road at Greenhills first weekend November.

Further to my Post #10,931, we've just been informed that arrival in Ancona has been delayed by 4 hours which puts us there around 2000 hrs local time. As it will probably be at least another 30 minutes before we can drive off the ship after arrival and the campsite that we were going to will be closed to new arrivals by then, I've booked a hotel near the port for a night (which, importantly, has parking) - that's another £150 on the bill for this trip. What's annoying is that the ferry had been sitting in port all day yesterday due to a gap in the schedule but they still managed to start loading after the supposed departure time. The late departure wouldn't account for all of the forecast 4 hour delay but it won't help. I love Greece and it's people which is why I've been coming here for nearly 50 years but I sometimes think that only they could organise something in such a disorganised way (and pass it all off with a shrug of the shoulders).

I'm now in Biarritz - Milady (cracks me up how the google navigation uses a full london french accent when pronouncing places, Milady is "Me Lady" :rofl: ) staying in a camping car park for 16 euros a night - not the most scenic but it's 100m from a beach, and 30 mins walk/10 mins cycle into the centre of Biarritz. I'm here for 2 nights, at least, it's going to be 26 degrees on Thursday!
PXL_20240917_164547889 (3).jpg
PXL_20240917_160809170 (2).jpg
PXL_20240917_160918058.jpg

Walked up a big pile of sand on the way, Dune Du Pilat.
PXL_20240917_122830028 (2).jpg
P9171277.JPG
P9171286.JPG

Plus an arty one...
P9171293.JPG

Back