Cranking for 5 seconds then fires up

Just updating this thread - I replaced the battery and unfortunately it hasn’t resolved the problem. Next on the list is to get the glow plugs looked at. Will update soon.
Any access to vcds to scan some data?

Fuel rail pressure?

Does it start with easystart?

Just updating this thread - I replaced the battery and unfortunately it hasn’t resolved the problem. Next on the list is to get the glow plugs looked at. Will update soon.
Any update on yours? Mine is in the garage now getting looked at but hard to find issue when it does start and no error codes, though mine does judder a bit when in 4 randomly which is weird.

My 2016 T32 140 does that!
Cold cranks for a few seconds- switch off and fires up straight away!
Pretty sure it’s battery myself! Especially as when it’s done that I don’t get stop start for a long time - if I give a charge then it’s back to normal for some time!
New battery will be ordered and in by Saturday so I’ll let you know if it works!

Update:
Replaced battery- Now fires up immediately and Stop/Start has returned to normal function.
Front left wheel speed sensor failed now- two rears replaced- one last year and one this year so just going to do both fronts and keep the one that’s working as a spare!

Back